Senior Member Follow User Gallery

sigh...

Compared to Chinese Culture, we Westerners are only adolescents. Not only when it comes to Art but also, as you write, the emphasis that is put on a well-balanced mind and inner peace and tranquility.
    But Western Culture brought us ZBrush.
    To me your works are beyond top row.
    I also visited your Artstation page and your calligraphy and drawings ( that bridge in Home! and Yu, that fish!) are on the same level as your ZBrush works.

Thanks for sharing.
    “We're all talking to keep the conversation alive.” - Brian Eno -

Member Follow User Gallery

Smile Thank you ,my friends!

First of all, I would like to thank all the people here, your comments and praise are my motivation.
    This time I brought new works, as you know, I LOVE the dragons. Really very, very much love. But we Chinese people thought the dragon has divine power, it does not mean evil, but a concentrated expression of Chinese culture.
    I did the work for allegorithmic 's new products, Substance Source .https://www.allegorithmic.com/products/substance-source
    the great substance series software to my zbrush works to add material and texture.Let them be more beautiful.I hope you can as always like it!keep zbrushing!
    modeled in ZBrush,textured and material in substance painter,rendered in Iray in substance painter!

Default some zbrush render

Wow, I love this "Little brave human with extra huge dragon" theme so much.
    Such a great pleasure to watch this.

BUT it is even a bigger joy to see how you jump between this super detailed work and the pure beauty of simplicity.
    #189 - so poetic!
    I've been to Bejing this year for a nice project (last time I've been to Shanghai was for the Expo Opening Show, stunning town!). Luckily I had the possibility to meet and, let me say an "old school" artist.
    We were talking about the the trend to overdo things in China, especially in my kind of multimedia show business. A bit surprising as Chinese are somehow the inventor of minimalism, just remember those breathtaking ink horses i.e.
    You, dear xuzhelong, are one of these artists who can combine all of it. The amazing detail of the wonderful wood carver with the very complicate simplicity of ink painting - porcelain.

Thank you very much for sharing - a real pleasure!

Beautiful work
    Available for freelance

Linkedin: http://ca.linkedin.com/in/francisbb/
    Portfolio: http://the7thbough.com

Amazing! How is this not top row already??

Gorgeous from start to finish! Thanks for sharing.

Wow, the amount of details is incredible.

Very nice work, indeed.

Awesome work. What did you use for the UV's....UVmaster?
    \

Senior Member Follow
    User Gallery

Talking Amazing work!

Your work is amazing and inspiring!
    I just downloaded Substance Painter and without going into too much detail (if thats possible) could you tell me how you prepare a model to bring it into Substance Painter. Any help would be appreciated.

Congratulations for the well deserved Top Row!!!

All the best, David
    And so we came forth and once again beheld the stars.
    - William Styron, Darkness Visible

Absolutely beautiful! I love the scale and forms!

Talking

Thank you very much for your reply, and I really appreciate it.
    Through your communication and my creation, I feel the difference between East and West culture, but there are many, many of the same place.I think this is the reason what we humans can live together on the planet.
    On this work, I do want to create a huge contrast - whether it is on the shape or on the material .in the Chinese culture, the dragon is not only an animal with mysterious power but also a symbol of good fortune and luck, but never seen .So the majority of people are afraid, but I want to show a litte boy who love dragon embarked on a journey of fearless, and finally met the legendary fetish, his face full of pride and satisfaction, and the dragon for him Also very good.He did not show a ferocious expression.He is also curious to look at this fearless little life.Maybe he can bring him good luck or a gift?

Knacki: Thank you for your praise, I am glad you came to China, see this great change of the country, and bring our positive energy to the West friends. Indeed, many of people do not understand China, we Chinese CG Artists are also willing to help them understand
    Tonare: I use zremesher to retopo the model.because there are lot of crushing parts,I use unfold3d to solve the uv problem.
    Chalkman: If you need to use Painter, please prepare your lowpoly with UVs and high poly (can be no UVs and process by decimation master, and then use Painter's bake textures feature to bake a few maps for necessary , these processes are automatic, almost a one-click operation.

Thank you again! I love ZBrushing, love you guys.

Keep going!

I think you missed a spot- I am just kidding of course. Your image is exhausting (in a very good way), to look at. Much continued success to you, my friend... Dragon (how fitting right?).
    http://dragondragon.deviantart.com/
    "Live life, don't let life live you"
    Alexander Lockhart- From his book, Positive Charges.

Senior Member Follow
    User Gallery

Thanks so much Zhelong! I look forward to seeing more of your awesome work! All the best, David
    And so we came forth and once again beheld the stars.
    - William Styron, Darkness Visible