ZBrushCentral

Mosley Harmless Sketchbook

Figured I’d join in and start one of these.

“Archer”
Based on Rose Leslie as Ygritte in Game of Thrones, but can’t get the likeness. Still liked the pose.

“Clay sketch of male torso”
An attempt at recreating some of the clay renders Ryan Kingslien did a few years ago in Mental Ray, but using Blender Cycles.
Because clay is just about the best thing in the world.

“Hunter”
It’s a man…with a spear.

Well that’s about it for now. Good day.

Attachments

archer.jpg

claysketch male torso render copy.jpg

hunter clay copy cropped.jpg

nice work! I look forward to seeing more

Dynamesh “Ogre” sketch. Rendered in Blender Cycles. Going for the clay sketch look.
ogre side.jpg
ogre threequarters.jpg

Another ‘daily dynamesh sketch’. Well I’ve only done it 2 days in a row now, that counts as daily, right?
cyclops copy.jpg
cyclops side copy.jpg

Oh hai!
fishguy manface1.jpg

1 Like

Very artistic style… it really gives the impression of real clay in your renders.

detention.jpg

Suzy Bighead.jpg

brilliant work! I love the roughness of the sketchbook. I will be following this very closely, keep them coming!

@Pablander Wow, thanks man! I’ve actually been following your work for a while. As a matter of fact it’s your clay sketches of the boxer and the wrestler on your blog that inspired me to try and achieve a clay look and a more realistic sculpting style, so I definitely I owe you some credit :D. I’ve sort of figured out a claylike material in ZBrush, but I’m mostly playing around with settings in Blender Cycles for the renders. I’m looking forward to your clay material tutorial.

Fantastic work!

very creative sculpts, and beautifully renderend! some of the truely look like real clay :slight_smile: …cycles is awesome…

horns1.jpg
horns2.jpg
horns3.jpg

armadilloturtleman.jpg

Hi Mosley, Great sculpts … love everything on your thread! :smiley:

Cheers, David

Thanks man! I started out wanting to do more classical naturalistic sculpts but for some reason I wasn’t really feeling it. Then one day I opened up ZBrush and started making random marks on a dynamesh sphere and “Ogre” came out. I liked the result so now I’m just kind of rolling with it. I hope to end up in character design one day although I fear I might not have the right mindset for all the detail work required in that field, but hey, at least I’m having fun one day at a time.

quadhorn1.jpg
quadhorn2.jpg
quadhorn3.jpg

Hillbilly Bob.jpg

I knew it was the girl from GoT as soon as I saw the picture, so you’re not that far off.

haha I love the last guy :slight_smile: