ZBrushCentral

Sefice's sketchbook

Hey guys! I’ve been a long time Zbrush user and I decided today’s the day I share my work here. Anyway this is where I’ll be dumping my zbrush projects, be it wips or finished renders. C&C welcome hope you enjoy.

Anyway, here’s a screencap of my recent sketch, just something to start things off. Concept by Carlo Arellano

Attachments

wip1_cropped.jpg

Hey Sefice, really dig the bust! She’s got a great silhouette, and really like the distribution of positive and negative space you’ve got going.

Thanks ryebrush!

Here’s a couple of things I’ve been working on.

initial_render_zps57d03197_1.jpgmech-shot01_zpsb6f383dc.jpg

The girl’s face is really nice. She has a lot of personality.

shes real cute. can I ask her out on a date?

A new personal project, could anyone guess? :slight_smile:

Some nice stuff here. That first bust is great, and I like the face of this latest sculpt. Perhaps the ear is a bit on the small side, and the transition from the back of the head to the neck looks a bit severe.

Thanks for the feedback… I fixed the ears, as well as the back of the head but they’re hidden by the hair now lol

red_wip_140907.jpg

Some critics:

• Her knee area is horizontally a little bit too narror from the front view.
  • Sartorius muscle which originates from the anterior superior iliac spine, and inserting to the anteromedial surface of the upper tibia, divides the plane changes on the front of the thigh. Roughly dividing the quadriceps and adductors. So, the division could be a bit more prominent.
  • The lower leg is a bit too small compared to the upper leg as well. Probably making the lower leg slightly bigger would help.

I’m not an anatomy expert, but I don’t notice anything bad on her head, torso or arms. So, those areas are pretty good. (;

First, let me say you have something very appealing going on with the face of this character. That’s always an either you got it or you don’t quality and this one has it, so nice job. A few anatomy notes that I see right off. The breasts seem to be coming straight forward. If looking down on the character from above, those should be pointing off the chest at an angle. Have a look at the top view and adjust if you think it necessary. The back view, looks to me like you need more mass in the lower back. Specifically in the area of the thoracolumbar fascia, it seems that should be more convex. Also, mid and upper back seems caved in. More mass to the rhomboids and trapezious will remedy this. While the spinal processes aren’t generally terribly evident in a female back (hidden by the fat and muscle of the upper back mostly), specifically at the topmost of the spine as it transitions into the neck there is a large bony process that should be noticeable and is missing here. Reach back your hand and trace the line of your neck down. You will feel the large bony process I’m speaking of (C7). I agree with the notes previously given on the lower leg. Needs more mass and form in the calves, also check the hands to the feet’s proportions. Looking at this from these two views it’s hard to tell, but heel to tone and heel of hand to fingertip, foot should be about a third (guesstimate based on putting my own hand down on my foot) longer. Drop a transpose line down it and compare. Front side, the area known as cupids bow, that notch formed by the clavicles seems too wide and over pronounced. The sternomastoid muscles have four tie ins to the shoulder girdle here, two are on the clavicles in a wide ribbon of muscle about one quarter to one third of the length of the bone in the inside of the throat. The other two attach nearer the centerline to the sternum itself and for that “V” shape at the front of the throat. Do a few google searches for female back anatomy and female throat anatomy images, that will help with making these observations. Keep up the good work!

Thanks! Appreciate the feedback! My girlfriend also pointed out the calves (sometimes I use her as reference lol). I took care of it and post when I can. Noted on the other parts. I was a bit uncertain about the 7th vertebrae since I wanted to give her a more weighted look but still athlethic. My references didn’t show it to be that pronounced. I’ll look it up.

edit: the breasts were intentionally sculpted that way. She’s going to be wearing something that would push them together.

Lovely face. Looking forward to more. :slight_smile:

More progress. Maybe a few more tweaks then I’ll be doing her clothes.

Close up of the face, more views. Pinching in the ears caused by dynamesh topology. Will have to reproject.

Dat Hair…

Red from Transistor.

Blocked in the clothes. Will start with the jacket :smiley:

More progress. Might start detailing soon!

Nice work!
Looking forward to see more!

Waittaminute, I thought, that’s Red! And sure enough, it was. Looking great so far. Are the calves maybe a bit too short? Not sure.

I’ll double check, they look alright without the boots though, must be some illusory trick lol but I’ll check.

My entry for the Facebook Darkstalkers Challenge! https://www.facebook.com/groups/anime3Dcontest/

Hsien-Ko

Tried something new and rendered entirely in ZBrush

leilei_60.jpg

leilei_sculpt2.jpg

wip_4.jpg

wip_3.jpg