ZBrushCentral

A very bad news to ZBrush Forum and cg world artist:Bas Mazur passed

Few days ago our friend Bas passed. Suffering from lung cancer finally go away I have been authorized by his family(Lyza Mazur) to inform our community.
My prayer for Bas and for his family.

Mario,

That is awful news. I am deeply, deeply sorry. He was so talented and his generous contributions to ZBC were always entertaining, useful and inspiring. My sincere condolences to his family.

Hey Mario, I was wrestling with a decision to do the same and you have relieved me of that. It hit me pretty hard when Bas told me he was terminal and we stayed in contact until the time. As I related to others it is a severe loss for us all. I will miss him very much and I Know there are many out there who feel the same way. My prayers and best wishes for his family. Tom

Hey Mario

Thank you for putting this up. He will be deeply missed. He was an amazing artist that contributed so much to the community. He will never be forgotten.

Paul

Too sad :frowning: , he was a good man and a very talented artist with a big heart, he will be missed, may he rest in peace.
My sincere condolences to his family.

Ramzi

Bas was a part of the community here for a very, very long time. Both a talented artist and a very helpful individual. He will certainly be missed.

Oh no - this are bad news …:cry:

We will miss you - Bas Mazur -
you walk a long way with us here in ZBcommunity -
always with fresh exciting new Ideas
and your special Artwork -
may the great ZBrush spirit guide you
God bless you

…a so talented guy and friend! :confused:

I had so funny posts with him!

Good luck for passed to the other side!

Condoléances à sa famille!

Pilou

oh :frowning: that is sad to hear, he will be missed.
My condolences to his family too

That is hitting me hard!
Even though I just met him through his posts here, it was always a pleasure, honour and a hell of fun seeing his art.
A great CG personality passed away.

Thanks for all the most amusing moments I had (and will always have) seeing your work, thanks for being one of my greatest CG heroes.

For those who don’t know him, I once wrote:

"I really reserved to look into your sculptris thread for a special moment.

Special art deserve special moments - just to make it even more wonderful."

So take your time and enjoy his art and humor (now he can see you smiling :wink: ):

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?64166-Pixoldump-(nudity)-Movie-page-21
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?143508-Sculptris-Test-doodles

All his threads:
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/search.php?searchid=1268530

Thanks to all of you!

I only just saw this …Bas was one of my favorite people on ZBC.
I loved his personality and his humor.

Shocking and sad. Bas was one of the rock -solid, good guys on the forum for as long as I can remember.

Sincere condolences to his family. We will all miss him.

Svengali

I have not been very active here for quite some time - this news reached me from the MODO forums. I’m so sorry to… well, everyone. Bas will be missed***8212;he was a sweet man.

Bas was always friendly, helpful and encouraging, and in the long run, this is what I will remember. Rather than the sadness that I feel right now upon learning this news. My condolences to everyone who is touched, and especially his family.

I’m very sorry to hear that. He will be missed…

Oh man… that’s so sad… RIP, you will be missed :cry:

A sharp wit in times of need is a friend in deed.:D…Thanks for being there when I needed it and you Bas:+1:small_orange_diamond:)

R.I.P. and have a safe journey my friend…you’ll be missed but not forgotten by all of those whom you came in contact with.

See you on the other side my friend.:+1:

:)Glenn

very hard days…

Attachments

To my friend  Bas.JPG

Sad news to come back to.
i remember him as a really cool guy with a great sense of humor.
browsing trough years of his work that i missed that feeling is approved.
great to see how he kept getting better without loosing his Way to zbrush.