ZBrushCentral

Demon Warrior

I’ve finished this piece that I’ve started in an online workshop with Rafael Grassetti and I’ve tried to give it as much as Blizzard’s Diablo look as I could. Demon concept by Thiago Almeida and weapon concept by Blizzard(Diablo’s 3 Female Barbarian Concept).

Soon I will post more images =).

Hires image: http://vhugo.com/stills/newstills/DEMON_FINAL_POSE.jpg

Attachments

DEMON_FINAL_POSE.jpg

Demon_Turntable.jpg

Demon_Turntable_Clay.jpg

Look is nice!! Congratz!!

Looks great but if I can be hypercritical, I would look take a look at the muscles in the forearm. Also from a design standpoint, I might suggest repeating the fibers used in the lower calf somewhere else on the sculpt. That being said, it looks great. Good job!

Top notch work mate.
Inspiring!

Awesome !! :+1:

Thanks a lot guys!

KWigg79, thanks for the feedback! I will take a look at it. Cheers man! :+1:

Nice work.
Where did you attend this master class with Grassetti?

how did you make the texture?
photo-bash or polypaint or UV?

thanks.

Hi Sleepyhead, I’ve done a workshop with him online, actually this was my second one with him. He sometimes in his FB profile has some news about workshops =).

And about the textures, I’ve used techniques that I’ve learned with Justin Holt using MARI. Basically you create some tile images from photos and use it as base.

Here are some more images including a preview from MARI.

Hope you guys like it =).

ZBrush Preview
Demon_Turntable_Zbrush.jpg

Wire frame(body with zrmesher)
Demon_Wire.jpg

Demon_ZRmesher_Guides.jpg

MARI Texture Preview
Mari_Texture_Preview.jpg

How I modeled the weapon using Dynamesh and Zrmesher
DemonWarrior_WeaponMKOF.jpg

Attachments

DemonConcept.jpg

congrats in advance, u gonna be on top row for sure…
modeling & texturing r incredible…
how did u render the clay version??

waiting for more awesome stuff from you

amazing render man! so you did use zremesher tu retopo the whole character even the stick? also what was your setting for the zremesher most of the time? and to texture in mari you simply used uv master to unwrap and then painted directly on the mesh? and last question :smiley: what renderer did you use?

thanks!

Hey guys, thanks a lot!

@rohitsingh: Thank you! It would be a dream come true to be on top row =). The clay version was rendered in Max/Vray and I’ve bought the Mike Nash Fakeit Pack, then I tweaked it and made this alternate color/version. His pack is awesome! You can learn a lot from lightning and comp and how details make all the difference about rendering.

@fred2303: Hey thanks a lot fred. I’ve used zrmesher for the body and for the blades of the axe, the rest was modeled using poly modeling. The setting for the body I can’t remember right now, but once you’ve got the guides all you have to do is tweak it and test it because it’s soooo easy. And about the uv, I do the following(wich is amazing fast and with a great result). I cut everything in UVLayout, and then I use UVMaster to unwrap it respecting existing seams. UVMaster is awesome and super fast. In Mari I paint direct on the mesh =) and I rendered everything in max/vray =).

Here are some more images of the process =) hope it helps. :+1:

Body process and I’ve used zrmesher after the last picture so I could get more mesh resolution. And those are the brushes I use most, I’ve used loft for his horns as you can see in the third base, then in the forth I put them together in the same mesh using projection.

How I detailed the metal in the character and you can check the base meshes from Max.

This is how I modeled some of the details, you can use retopology tools from Zbrush, max, maya, but for these particular pieces I’ve used topogun.

Awesome work!
Thanks for sharing.

really awesome!
I like it very much!:+1:

Thank you guys =).

I always wonder, how long it takes amazing artists like you to do work like this, (most lie because of pride) lol, but I would be very fascinated to know. Keep up great work!

Attachments

ian profile image.jpg

Hi Ian, thanks a lot man!

Well, I think that I took around 4/5 weeks in production time. Some days I couldn’t work that much on this and some days I took the day just to test stuff like the legs… The concept didn’t have legs, so I tried some options till I get to this one that I liked.

I always try to keep the same number of weeks, because generally it’s the time we have in production, so even if I can work just 2/3 hours a day or even less and I take 3 months to do something, when I count as 8 hours/day I have the exact production time that I took for a work.

This one is an example, because I’ve started it in the workshop but then I stopped it to work on my Haohmaru for the FB Challenge. =)

I hope it helps and again, thanks a lot! :+1:

Victor thanks for the breakdown of your work very inspiring, with some explanation from a professional is always welcome.

5 stars

Thanks a lot! =)

wow ! It’s cool ! !

Thanks PengL :+1:!