ZBrushCentral

concept designs

Hello everyone,
Here’s my first post with a creepy head. Bat/human/crab combined DNA kind of thingie with over-sized tumor growth.
Sculpt in zbrush(with dynamesh), rendered with BPR with multipasses and merged in photoshop. No fancy techniques, only claybuildup, slash3 and move brush.
Hope you like it. Any suggestions, comments are very welcome.
I’ll post more stuff soon. Cheers!!
Specimen anatomy.

Attachments

specimen1_1-copy.jpg

specimen1_2-copy.jpg

specimen1_3-copy.jpg

specimen1_4-copy.jpg

Hi all,

Here are some clay renders for the creepy head. Let me know if you need any other stuff like breakdowns, etc or you have questions.
If you know any good materials or suggestions about clay renders, please let me know :smiley:
These were made using MatCapGrey with BPR and some tone adjustments in photoshop. Not the best results, but meh…
I’ll post more work soon. Cheers!

Regards,

Alien dude.
Made same way as the specimen. Both were sculpted and polypainted in zbrush with several color and tone tweaks in photoshop.
Hope you like them guys :smiley:

some alien head clays.
cheers!

This is one of the first concepts i did in zbrush after many years of pause. It’s supposed to be some kind of a mutant flying type of arachnid.
Dynamesh and only claybuildup with different alphas. Polypaint pretty much sucks…as it was an overly ambitious attempt :smiley: .Also had an attempt of some fast hair pass with fibers.
Postwork like color correction, tone and blur from zdepth done in photoshop.
Hope you like it…or at least something from it :smiley:
Cheers!

and some clays for that ugly thing

Hi all
Here’s another mutant/labrat failed experiment kind. Done using dynamesh and zspheres with claybuildup.
Not the nicest design, anatomically a mess, but i had fun sculpting.
cheers!

Another early sculpt i did when i resumed doing stuff in Z after years. some kind of demonish imp, again anatomy is a disaster, but pretty happy with the face/teeth area.
Dynamesh and claybuildup, if i remember right and a slight and crappy polypaint tryout. BPR layers for export and some ps work.
Hope you guys like some of the stuff i’m posting, i could really use some feedback as i’m eager to learn and do a better job next time i open zbrush :smiley:
I have more work to post, so if you’re following stay tuned :smiley:
Cheers!

Alien rhino or something like it. Was never happy with this guy but i’ll post it anyway.
Dynamesh with claybuildup, slash, move, and some pinch brush here and there.
The color version was polypainted in Z and eventually painted a bit more in photoshop.

an attempt to do some kind of an insect style warrior after seeing Raf Grassetti’s masterpiece. Pretty much failed as design, but learned a lot of sculpting stuff.
started from zspheres then dynamesh, then retopo with zremesher and then done details using claybuildup, move, pinch, slash and masking techniques. polypainted in zbrush.
rendered wih BPR and merged lots of different layers in photoshop.
Hope you like it guys! i’ll post more clay views soon.

had an idea of a kind of alien giraffe and ended up with this creepy thing.
started with zpheres, blocked out main volumes, zremeshed, split into four tools(head, body, front and rear legs) and did detailing for each. again failed to do a proper polypaint. uhm…guess next time… :frowning:
color renders done with BPR layers and photoshop. the clay one is done with vray in 3dsmax with decimated geometry.

more clays of the creepy longneck

Hi everyone,

Here is a cinematic kind of presentation i made for the alien creature (the one with the very long head:D) that i posted a few days ago.
Camera animation was done using Zbrush timeline with 2 passes (one with texture, lighting, shading and one with a reflect map).
Merged in After Effects, and tweaked colors, levels, sharpness, blur, etc.

BTW guys, do you have any idea how to record and export timeline animation zdepth ? or is it even possible ?

Hope you like it!! I’ll also make one for Specimen anatomy so stay tunnedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyCLlUUQBjY

Everything was worked in 1080p but youtube uploads it only as 720p…do you have any idea why ? Thanks

I see now that the 1080p problem was solved. Sorry!

Hi all,

I’ve finally finished the presentation for specimen anatomy concept i did a few weeks ago.
I’m waiting for upload right now.
Meanwhile here are some stills.
Hope you guys will enjoy it…i’ll post the link as soon as it’s ready.

Kind regards

Finally uploaded. Watch here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWUimZTDU94

Hope you guys like it!