Senior Member Follow User Gallery

technokill > Hi sorry for the late reply I've been (and I am still) very busy. I've thought about your issue (settings that won't sitck), there's two separate things you can try :

_ In the plugin subfolder (the /Applications/ZBrushOSX 4R?/ZStartup/ZPlugs/SizeAjustor/) locate any files with the .zvr extension and delete them. Because maybe it somehow got corrupted and deleting them will make the plugin generate new clean ones with default settings.

_ Do a clean install : Delete the entire subfolder, the SizeAjustor.zsc in the root plugin folder, and redownload the plugin and reinstall it. (Ok, not so wonderful idea just a clean install )

Thanks again to everyone for your kind words

New Member Follow User Gallery

Hi KeuPon. Thanks for your great plugin, it's definitely a "must have" in my book.

ijuu >Thanks a lot

technokill > Hi, any news about the settings not sticking ??? One thing I forgot to mention is that hitting "store config" won't do anything as the plugin stores its preferences by its own in a file that is in its own folder. (btw I never heard about a way to make a plugin store its preferences along the main zBrush ones, if someone knows how to achieve that I would be very happy to know how).

I maybe found some help to bring the updated mac version to the community (the cursor sticking in place feature). We'll see, hope it can be done soon. If not I will update the mac version anyway with all the improvements of 1.0 beside the cursor sticking in place. So it should for sure solve your problem.

If you feel the need to have it solved before that, if you PM me your settings, I can make a custom version just for you with your preferences as the default values. It's a matter of less than 10 minutes so don't hesitate if you want it, I would be happy to do it for you.

Cheers from Belgium everyone
    ZAdjustor Plugin for ZBrush : adjust Draw Size, Focal Shift and Z/RGB Intensity by simply moving your mouse/stylus while holding down a hotkey, just like in photoshop, mudbox, mari, maya... Many options.
    ZAdjustor0.92 for ZBrush 4R7/4R6 32bits OsX - (OSx version for ZB4R7 64bits coming soon)
    KeuPon is Jean-Julien JUPINET

Hey KeuPon man!

I hadnt seen the post before your last one. I started using zbrush with bootcamp so didnt got a chance to try out what you suggested! Sorry bro

Thanks so much for actively trying to help and solve stuff. No rush bro, I can sure wait for the real updated version for osx! Will gladly test that out!

ps: Great you pmed me, cause the subscribe feature doesnt work at all.

Cool plugin. Thanks so much.

Any chance you could throw in a switch of some sort for setting the dynamic brush option to OFF permanently? I NEVER EVER use that and it's on by default and drives me nuts.

Thanks again

Richard
    ---Wolff On The Prowl---

KeuPon man!

I decided to give it a shot again to the plugin at the OSX side. I did both fresh install and tried to later remove the .zvr. Unfortunately it didnt work. It keeps reverting the strength values back to 50 every time a quit the app.

Any news on the new version for OSX?

Big thanks KeuPon! Plug-in is perfect! But i can't assighn MMB hold key, only MOUSEWEEL UP/DOWN. I use ZB4R6

AlexanderM>

Thanks a lot !!! Always a pleasure to know my work is useful.

As for using the plugin on the mouse middle button, or any button on a tablet/stylus, I went over this a while ago, I quote it so you don't have to browse through all the messages on the thread :

For wacom tablet users :
    In the Wacom Tablet Properties, you can map a key to whatever pen button you like. Just map it to a key available in zBrush, and voilà !!! If you want to use it with the stylus equivalent to the right mouse button, you even doesn't need to disable Right Click Navigation and Right Click Popup as mapping it to a key bypasses the right click anyway. I just mapped my upper pen button ( which usually act as middle click, pretty useless anyway in zBrush ) and it works very well.

For regular mouses :
    There are some drivers / utilities which can map mouse buttons to keys the same way. For Logitech mouses you've got uberOptions which is a sort of driver addon to do that kind of stuff. I think lots of good mouses like gaming mouses come with a driver which allows such customization. And if not, there's several freeware which can do the trick for any mouse. With a quick googling I found this one which looks good and is freeware : X-Mouse Button Control (see below - I think it's even better than drivers/uberOptions as you can make customizations per application, so here you would have a custom middle button behaviour only active for ZBrush and it would behave like usual when not in ZBrush, all of that automatically).

So you just use them to map your middle (or any other) button to some keyboard key, one that's not already used in ZBrush, then as clicking with that button will just be like a regular keyboard keystroke you can assign it to the plugins big button just like you would with the keyboard.

Voilà, hope it helps, cheers from Belgium

EDIT : I tested X-Mouse Button Control, it is a very good freeware, and works very well with the plugin. But as it is very customizable it may be a little confusing to set-up, so here is how to do it :
    _ Download and launch the program (there's a portable version if you don't want to install it)
    _ Right-click on the program icon in the system tray (the little icons on the right of windows taskbar near the clock), and click Setup
    _ Click on the Add button on the bottom left, a windows pops up, choose ZBrush in the list (ZBrush must be open or it won't be listed). This create a profile just for ZBrush, so the middle button behaviour will only be changed in ZBrush and will stay the same anywhere else, which is very very cool. Click OK.
    _ On the right, next to Middle Button (or any button you want to use), choose "Simulated Keys (...)".
    _ A windows opens, in the top input field enter a keyboard key that isn't already used as a shortcut in ZBrush, (for instance, I think L is unused by default), then in the drop down list choose "3 During (press on down, release on up)", make sure the two checkboxes are checked (they should be by default), then click OK.
    _ Press Apply, then Close (the program stays running in the background you can still access it from the system tray).
    _ In ZBrush, go to Plugins>ZAdjustor, press CRTL+ALT+LEFT CLICK on the big button just like usual, then when asked to press the key press your middle mouse button and it should be done !!!
    _ Now just hold your middle mouse button over the canvas and voilà, you're using ZAdjustor on your middle mouse button

Feel free to ask if you've got any question or if you can't manage to make it work.
    ZAdjustor Plugin for ZBrush : adjust Draw Size, Focal Shift and Z/RGB Intensity by simply moving your mouse/stylus while holding down a hotkey, just like in photoshop, mudbox, mari, maya... Many options.
    ZAdjustor0.92 for ZBrush 4R7/4R6 32bits OsX - (OSx version for ZB4R7 64bits coming soon)

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm finally working on the osx version, and I'm glad to say that I overcame the main difficulties !!!
    This meaning that OSx version working the same as the last windows one is 95% sure to come out, and pretty soon !!!

Stay tuned !!!

Default ZAdjustor 2.0 OSX

ZAdjustor 2.0 OSX is here !!!

DOWNLOADS :

***NEW***

(Current Windows Version)

It works exactly as ZAdjustor 2.0 on Windows. Install instructions below.
    Detailed instructions in the readme file.

Please, for now I only tested it on my own machine, so I really need to know if it is working everywhere else. No doubt it will be ok, but you never know, so please let me know how it is working on your mac so I can leep at night

> Important note :

When answering to support questions on ZBrushCentral and other forums, I noticed that, whereas most people seems to get how to make the plugin work almost instantly, almost everyone that was having difficulties had them only because of comprehension problems. So, please pay attention to this chapter :

- This plugin is made for tablets just as much as regular mouses. It is working with either, and is as useful while holding a stylus as it is while working with a regular mouse.

- Please, be very attentive to the installation process !!! About 50% of the asked questions about this plugin are from people that didn't extract the archive in the right folder. The other 50% were from people that did
    not understand properly the way the plugin operates :

- You must NOT click on the big button at the bottom to use it. This button's only purpose is to allow the user to set up a hotkey that will be the plugin's trigger. You set up the hotkey like usual in ZBrush : CTRL+ALT+CLICK on the button, then ZBrush asks to press a key on the keyboard. Then, to use the plugin, while working over the canvas, HOLD that hotkey down, then move your mouse or stylus to change the values. Then, when you are done changing the values, just release the hotkey.

- If you want to adjust values for masking or smooth brushes, start by holding the hotkey down like usual, then without releasing it press and hold SHIFT (for smooth) or CTRL(for mask) and this is it.

- You have 6 different profiles that you can select with the numbers at the top of the plugin's palette, and they have all their own 'Big button' to set up a hotkey for each. Use as many as you want.

- Settings are automatically saved. They are not stored with ZBrush own preferences but instead in some files created in the plugins folder. So you don't have to press 'Store config', ZAdjustor's settings are always saved each time you edit them.

- You must not click with the mouse/stylus while using the plugin.

- The page you are on is the official ZAdjustor's thread. Don't hesitate to tell what you think about the plugin, ask a question or for support, say thanks if you like it, just confirm if it's working...

> Installation :

Just extract the whole archive in ZBrush plugins folder, that is : "/Applications/ZBrushOSX 4R?/ZStartup/ZPlugs" (of course "?" being your current ZBrush version). If you have a previous version installed, try not to overwrite the old files when extracting, but instead do manually delete them before installing (as mixing old and new files is not at all recommended).

- Note that in theory, keeping the old SizeAjustor v0.92 should not be problematic, so you could use them both if you want to. Just note that I won't provide support for that case, so if you've got problems please test with only the latest version installed before asking.

Voilà Hope mac users will like it as much as windows users do, I'm happy that both platforms now have the same up to date version with all the features working, and both working buttery smooth

Merry ZMas and happy new ZYear

Attached Files Attached Files

Dear Keupon, I just sent you a PM but decided to post here as well:

Unfortunately I come bearing bad news.

I removed the 3 files from my zbrush 4R6 installation folder, then put the 3 new ones from v 2.0. Assigned the key "J" and whenever I press the key, the drawing cursor jumps to the corner and gets stuck. I can move the mouse right/left and up/down and it will change the size as intended, but it still stuck. I can't make it stop after letting the key go.

If you need anymore information, dont hesitate.

Oh, OSX mountain lion here.

Merry zmas to you too!

ARGH !!!

Too bad... This really worked well on my machine, but I must confess I have no way to test it on a lot of mac machines with different configurations.

But as it is coded, I really didn't think that there would be some problem.

Can someone confirm that the plugin is working on his mac ??? Or that it isn't ???
    Please people, come here to tell if the plugin is working, the OSX version you are on, the key(s) which you assigned to the plugin (if you had got the time to try several different keys, that would be wonderful)...

If it would happen that you mouse got stuck and you can't move it, press Cmd-Alt-Esc and it will popup a list with the applications currently running, then navigate with the arrow keys and tab to select ZBrush in the list then press enter on 'Force Quit'. Then your mouse will be acting like normal.

I'm really sorry for this bug, I hope it does concert only a minority of users, we will see.

I'm counting on you people for testing and reporting

Moderator Follow User Gallery

Yes, I'm sorry to report that I get the same result. It's difficult to exit the plugin - Esc doesn't always work and I can have two separate cursors (the red circle and an arrow or crosshair) until the plugin finishes its loop. After this, pressing the hotkey has no effect until a restart.

Having two separate crosshairs is normal. I choose not to hid it because when using a tablet, I like better when I actually still see it while adjusting, so it's like only the red circle/crosshair is locked in place.

Anyway, marcus and technokill, does the problem only concerns exiting the loop ??? Does it works like it should apart from not being able to stop it ???

I'm on snow leopard, maybe this is the problem... It shouldn't make a difference as I took care to use up-to-date functions for the library, but looks like it wasn't enough.

I'm waiting a few days to get some more reports, see where it works and where it doesn't, I suspect that it may work with some keys and not with some other (maybe I did something wrong translating ZB's keycodes to osx ones, are some values are the same and some other are not especially keys with letter [a - z]), or maybe max osX version. I'm quite skeptical about finding some ZBrush user that is still under snow leopard to test it, , but we will see...

Too bad, it worked so well on my machine, I even had the impression it was smoother than under windows...

Thanks a lot marcus and technokill for helping me !!!

Dear Keupon,

I assigned it to hotkey "1" and it made no difference.

There are 2 issues happening with me. Hotkey gets stuck, meaning after I let go of it, nothing happens and it still changes the values as I move the mouse.

AND

the cursor appears in a random spot, instead of where the pointer is. It doesn't follow the pointer at all.

Thanks!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast