ZBrushCentral

Canvas / Viewport stops updating

I noticed that when I’m running scripts on hundreds of subtools, the 3d viewport stops updating. To the user it seems like the script is failing, but its actually running just fine. It’s just that the viewport may not update for a short time until it the script is done executing. Are there any insights or solutions on how to prevent this from happening?

Thanks!

Brad

If you are using a loop to run through subtools or similar repetitive actions then using [IUpdate] inside the loop can help. Also sometimes using [IFreeze] can speed up operations. Another possiblility is to temporarily take the model out of Edit mode.

ZBrush does tend to freeze up and show the spinning donut with some tasks. One thing to bear in mind is that scripts aren’t efficient at running in the background, so ZBrush needs to be in front for a plugin to do its thing as quickly as possible.

Interesting tips! thanks Marcus! I’ve been doing alot of optimization lately, and these are probably going to be super useful! I’ve already employed things like hiding the floor, setting solo mode or dots, and turning off polyframe if it’s on. Never thought to take a tool out of edit mode for some things either. Interesting. Thanks!