Member Follow User Gallery

Default Is there any way to get decimation master to work in a macro or a script?

Is there any way to get decimation master to work in a macro or a script? When I playback a macro with decimation master I get a file save dialogue and then an error message. Also does any one know why decimation is a two step process? Would there ever be a time when you would want to pre-process an object without then decimating?

Thanks for any help,
    -Joe

Moderator Follow User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by joe_lert View Post
    Is there any way to get decimation master to work in a macro or a script? When I playback a macro with decimation master I get a file save dialogue and then an error message. Also does any one know why decimation is a two step process? Would there ever be a time when you would want to pre-process an object without then decimating?
    You can't run Decimation Master, or any plugin, from a script or macro because two zscripts/plugins/macros can't be active at the same time.

Decimation Master pre-processes so that it has all the data necessary to efficiently decimate your model. You can then decimate at different levels without undoing the previous decimation or pre-processing again. This means the whole process is more efficient than pre-processing and decimating in one step.

Default would be very nice to be able to make some macro's or scripts for polyreduction...

the logic makes sense, the functionality is missing tho imho.