ZBrushCentral

ZBrush User Group Meeting: Naughty Dog (Updated)

NaughtyDog-Banner.jpg

Even if you’re not a PS3 player, you are almost certainly familiar with “The Last of Us™”, which was released by Naughty Dog this June. The game was the second biggest launch of the year and the fastest-selling PlayStation 3 game ever. It received universal critical acclaim, with a total of 42 perfect scores from gaming publications and surpassing the previous record of 39 perfect scores received by “Uncharted 2”.

No small part of the game’s success has come from its stunning graphics. The characters and environments are absolutely stunning. When Lead Character Artist, Michael Knowland posted a thread showing some of the game’s character art it became an instant hit and made the ZBC Top Row almost before you could blink.

We are now pleased to be able to give you an opportunity to meet and learn from Michael Knowland, Character Artist Frank Tzeng and Senior Texture Artist Brad Smith. This exciting Pixologic User Group Meeting will take place at the Gnomon School of Visual Effects in Los Angeles on Thursday, October 24.

Thursday, October 24, 2013
6:30 PM - Meet and Greet
7:00 to 9:30 PM - Presentation
Gnomon School of Visual Effects
1015 N. Cahuenga Blvd.
Hollywood, CA 90038

Admission is FREE. First come, first served.

For Full Details, CLICK HERE

LastOfUs.jpg

Michael Knowland
Lead Character Artist, Naughty Dog
I’ll cover how to approach sculpting realistic cloth for games. Some past examples of cloth sculpting for “The Last of Us” and some live sculpting techniques.

Frank Tzeng
Character Artist, Naughty Dog
My presentation will be on how to sculpt realistic human faces. I will pick one of my favorite anime characters and sculpt him in ZBrush.

Bradford Smith
Senior Texture Artist, Naughty Dog
I will cover a handful of environment prop and tiling-texture production tips. I’ll be focusing on how I take advantage of some of the newer ZBrush features including ZRemesher and MicroMesh, and talk briefly about the importance of ZScripting in my workflow.

See you there!

Man, why do I have to live in Orlando?!? Please tell me you will be recording this event and posting it to the users later on? Any chance we could see a live stream via UStream.tv or Justin.tv? That would be epic!

=( want!!! =(

Please record the whole thing, or we’ll start signing a petition for it right away :sunglasses:

Maybe there will be a recap? :wink:

Agree - don’t suppose this could be video’ed and put up online for us folks who live outside the USA.
Great game, story-line, execution and all artwork was superb - My one question “When’s the sequel ?” I want more !
:slight_smile:

Recap would be awesome!

if the event is being recorded and published on ZB, would be awesome. As many of core Zbrush users like me stay long long away, on the other side of the globe… :frowning:

Please for the love of everything stream this event online! I recommend GoToMeeting.com… Just PLEASE offer this to those who don’t live in the LA area. I would be eternally grateful!

I live in Florida and cant travel there. TT_TT I would love to see this. Please tell me it will be recorded!?

I hope we will get recorded video of this UGM later! :slight_smile: :+1:

kudos for being an English language master

Hoping for a recording, it really bums me out that I can’t attend to the event.

Please Please Please record this for those of us that can’t make it!

Why do I have to live in South America? Whyyyyy? :_

Oh man, i’m stuck in an other country and can’t go
:frowning:

please record this

Could there be a stream of this maybe…??

I’m definitely trying to decide to go or not.

will any of the video that was shot during this event be posted?