Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Twisted Horror (Frankenstein 1931) Frankenstein as a Surfer: FrankenSurf

Great theme!
    Dunno if I will be able to finish in time but here is my concept. I thought I would go we total opposites and chose Frankestein as a pro surfer. Instead of a doomy cemetery a sunny beach that s pretty twisted . Here is a quick sketch during two lunch crunches still a bit looking for shapes. There are three dynameshes mainly done with clay tubes, move topological and elastic and trim dynamic to help with the stylisation. I do still have to add the typical frankenstein features as the scars...

Great start! Can't wait to see the next update.

Member Follow User Gallery

Such a great characterisation! Really liking the proportions and expression so far. Any ideas how you will be creating the water ?

Thx for the comments!
    Well for the water I am thinking of sculpting a wave but just enough for a stand. I am not sure if he is gone be on top or in a tunnel type of wave. I am gonna work on the character first but i might already pose him because the muscle will be really specific to the pose.

Awesome, really can't wait to see the end result of this !

Just so you know, there's a thread that predates yours featuring the Creature of the Black Lagoon as a surfer. It is up to you to decide whether there's room for more than one surfer, or if you'd prefer something that overlapped less with other entries when it comes time for judging. Always a good idea to check out what other people are doing.

Best of luck!
    -Scott
    Formerly Known As Bingo Jackson

damn! I don't think it was there when I uploaded or I must have missed it. Well I ll think it over. Maybe I'll go on or quit. Anyway thx for letting me know!

Quote Originally Posted by molossus View Post
    damn! I don't think it was there when I uploaded or I must have missed it. Well I ll think it over. Maybe I'll go on or quit. Anyway thx for letting me know!

Don't quit! Frankenstein is comedy gold. You can put him anywhere doing just about anything, and it's going to be funny. You've already got a great design on the character going. Just reach a little farther off the beaten path. I changed my theme when other people started overlapping too closely with mine, and my second idea turned out much more interesting. Chances are you'll benefit from further thought. You can edit your thread title.

There are no rules against overlapping closely with someone else's work. That's why I said it was up to you, and what you felt comfortable with.
    -Scott
    Formerly Known As Bingo Jackson

Love the bottom lip sticking out and the pose of his legs. Can't wait to see more! Might be funny to tie the surfboard somehow to the old wood of the windmill.

The sculpt is looking great, would be a pity to quit!
    I think there's room for two surfers. Or maybe you could do Frankenstein: America's next Top Model?

Thx for the comments guys!
    Well I thought it through and I am gone continue with the surfer idea.
    The whole idea behind choosing Frankestein as a surfer was the contrast between his clumsy way of walking and the high level of balance skills needed for a surfer to stay on his board.
    There are other disciplines where balance is needed but although it is not integrated yet I am gone give him different tattoos from different bodies there for he needs to be in a swimsuit. They should make it look as a messy collage. As if he had chosen the bodies for their tattoo's.
    As for the board I was thinking of the top of a coffin which would be attached to his ankle with a heavy chain but the wind mill is a good idea and would be closer to the movie I will see when I get there...

Really glad to hear you are going to continue with this guy. Killer idea and the sculpt is looking AWESOME!

I am keen to see more.

Great idea Great character as well, love the proportions
    Jeannot Landry

great start, i like the style

Thx for the comments!
    Well I finished an other after hours project so I should have more time for this now .
    As I looked back at the movie from 1931 he is big but mostly because he has a big wide bone structure. I had the impression he was getting too muscled so I made parts thinner and revealed more of the skeleton. To emphasise he is big I shrunk the head also a bit. I might even more in the future. For now I am still trying to find a balance in the muscle proportions to keep it stylised and referring in some point with the real Frankenstein 1931.
    To help me with it I must say http://www.anatomy4sculptors.com/ this site really helps.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast