Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Twisted Horror (Aliens) | Queen Alien riding a small bicycle across a tightrope

One of my favorite movie monsters doing the most ridiculous thing I could think of.
    Jeff Stanislawski | Senior Artist at Gaming Corps
    online portfolio

Lol lol lol lmao love it I really can't wait to see this one Aliens doing the circus thing never would of thought of this lol great imagination. Good luck to you and of course Happy ZBrushing! Hope you have lots of fun!

Thanks man!
    online portfolio

Finally got a chance to start on this lady today. Not too much progress. I decided to start with a quick zsphere mesh which i haven't done in a long time. Right now i'm mostly using the clay build up, move and some curvetubes to start roughing in the form and get the proportions looking decent.
    Still a long way to go.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alien_WIP_v001.jpg 
Views:	438 
Size:	237.4 KB 
ID:	377513   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alien_WIP_v002.jpg 
Views:	387 
Size:	153.5 KB 
ID:	377514  
    online portfolio

New Member Follow User Gallery

Idea sounds cool. Be interesting what camera angle you choose. Good sculpting!

Thanks Adam!
    Here's another quick update. still really rough. I started working on the hands with the clay build up, clay tubes and some negative insert mesh action for the holes.
    I also started blocking in the head piece.
    then i kind of started separating the appendages to focus on them a little more.
    still need a lot of work on the proportions, especially the legs. but i think it's coming along ok so far for the small amount of time i've been able to work on it. definately the most difficult sculpt i've tried so far, but it's a lot of fun.

online portfolio

This is coming along nicely. Any thoughts yet about the perspective your going to render this from?

Great idea!!!, looking forward to the expression on the queens "face" riding that tiny bike!!! Big fan of the Alien movies, so I'm very curious to see the final result. Nice progress and good luck!!!

Well awesome idea and it is coming very good. Waiting to see it completed.

Member Follow User Gallery

Great!
    i hope this turns out as ridiculously funny as I think of it...
    nice sculpting up to this point, since the idea is so funny I would have loved to see some a bit cartoony stuff with a small body on the bicycle and a larger head.
    definitely looking forward to this

welch99 - Thanks man. Not quite sure yet on the perspective. Right now i'm picturing more of a side shot so i can get the whole alien in the shot and kind of show the length of the tightrope she's crossing and such. But I'm hoping too when i have it all set up and posed I can maybe experiment with a few different perspectives.

DKlerkx46 - Thank you. Yeah, I'm not sure about her face just yet. I was thinking of maybe putting a clown nose and a hat on her though. I'm trying to think of ways to contrast the realistic scary alien with the more humorous situation.

narendraK - Thank you very much.

timgrossmann - Thanks man. Haha yeah, i think i didn't even considering doing it cartoony because that's what i spend the day doing for my job, the more cartoony stuff. So I figured this would be a good break to do something different from my normal day to day. Also, I've been wanting to do a sculpt of her for a long time but i've always been too scared. But now I have a good excuse.
    online portfolio

Ok, i finally got another update. I started fleshing out the details on the head and neck. Then i roughed in the teeth as well. I think I'm starting to like it more now. I wasn't to sure about it at the beginning. But it's starting to come along.
    Nothing too fancy yet technique wise. Still just lots of clay build up, insert cylinder, cube, and curve tubes. and lots of duplicating.
    Thanks for looking everyone.

online portfolio

nice progress! the idea is cool, specially considering that the Alien head looks like a biker's helmet. I can imagine it in a "speed" situation more than a tightrope (maybe a mix) but it might even funnier what you are already pointing at. Keep it up!
    - Gabo

Loving the sculpt so far, man. Looks awesome! Can't wait to see more progress.

Can't wait for the bicycle!
    -Scott
    Formerly Known As Bingo Jackson

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast