ZBrushCentral

Texturing - Siege Of Orgrimmar - World Of Warcraft

Hello guys !

I would like to share with you the work I did for the new patch of World of Warcraft.
I was texture artist for the new raid “the Siege of Orgrimmar” and if I post my work here it’s because I used Zbrush to create a base for my textures.

Hope you’ll enjoy it !

To see more work, you can go on my website !

caverock.jpggrate.jpgoven.jpgtrim_stone.jpgtubes.jpgwall.jpg

Attachments

caverock.jpg

grate.jpg

oven.jpg

trim_stone.jpg

tubes.jpg

wall.jpg

wood.jpgthunderking_raid.jpgtimeless_isle.jpgprez_coal.jpg

Attachments

prez_coal.jpg

thunderking_raid.jpg

timeless_isle.jpg

wood.jpg

Fantastic :slight_smile: I really love the way you works materials.
Thanks for sharing

wow that is cool, didn’t thought you guy’s doing textures this way. Great work!

Very impressive and clean work!

Cool. How did you place the rocks on the plane? Doesn’t look like the 2.5D Canvas to me. More like a collection of subtools that you sent to xNormal.
Did you use the Insert Mesh brush with a wrap modifier on that plane?

Great stuff! Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

Great work:+1: Well done. Thanks for sharing:)

Brilliant work. Top Row for sure! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Its beautiful…great work indeed and thank you for sharing your work man :+1:

Excellent work! Love it! Thanks for sharing!

-Joseph

Impressive textures :+1:

Very nice work.

It’s looks amazing

wooh damn nice work… i really love the look of those sculpts…

Just beautiful, I love the style, congrats!

This is some really fantastic work. Love the texturing, and the process sounds really interesting. I’m guessing that you combine the final textures in photoshop. How do you use the normal map channels as far as layering them on the texture? Do you just paint in areas using blending options? Again, freaking great stuff.

Awesome work! I guess going through this process with sculpting out everything must mean that you have a huge amount of 3D assets at Blizzard that have never seen the light of day as 3D objects? Is this to be able to “future secure” your work?

Is the strategy to be able to generate even higher rez textures or reusing assets for new games? Do all texture artist and modelers follow this workflow, or has every artist their own process?

Asset management must be a big hurdle, knowing what is what, what is in the game, what model generated what map etc. All these questions :wink:

Anyway, everything looks amazing, also the stuff on your site.

Beautiful :smiley: