Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Pumpkin Eater

Been a while, thought I'd share the work I did for the KeyShot Halloween Rendering Challenge (Promo) here.
    Had a tight deadline on this while juggling another project so I used the GoZ to KeyShot plugin quite a lot!
    Sent over ~30 million polys for these renders. Mixture of dynamesh and ZRemeshed parts. And I skipped the entire UV process

Final

Studio Shots

Whoh!

Great work!! Is the keyshot plug in released? I still can´t find it
    The only thing i miss in Keyshot is emisive channel and create custom lights in the scene. That would replace any other rendering in my workflow for sure

Default Just a bit of the process

Thanks guys!
    The KeyShot Plugin is still in Beta testing so it hasn't been released quite yet. But soon hopefully.
    You actually can create emissive materials in KeyShot. Either using the drop down menu marked "Type" in the Material properties. As well as in the Material Library.
    Then just tweak the colors and intensity
    Hope that helps!

After making the Pumpkin Eater I was contacted by 3DWorld for a quick interview through their Creative Bloq site.
    Just a brief rundown of my process for the image if anyone is interested.
    Creative Bloq Interview

Here are a few images showing some of my ZBrush workflow during the project.
    Dynamesh + ZRemesher <3

Default Silverback Fibermesh testing in KeyShot

Some early tests on a Silverback model I've got cookin'.
    Here are a few progress shots, initially trying to see how KeyShot handles large amounts of Fibermesh from ZBrush.
    These are 20-30min screenshots from the realtime viewport.
    The Fibermesh is weighing in at over 8.5M polys alone.
    I wasn't really trying to use it sparingly at all.
    Learning as I go with Fibermesh and the overall styling needs more work and some color variation. Skin will get a bunch more love too.

The teeth are attached to a full skull inside the head. Which started as a Dynamesh sphere then eventually Zremeshed so I could have some subdivisions again.
    I added gums around the teeth as a seperate subtool (Dynamesh spheres).
    Eventually I will try for a cutaway or transparency of somekind to show off the underlying anatomy.

Getting busy but I will post more on this guy when I can steal more hours!
    Thanks for dropping by!

Default New 'do -

Immediately redid the Fibermesh after that last post.
    Much less fibers this time and a totally different approach to laying it down. Bigger patches worked out better this go around.
    Still feel like a noob when it comes to Fibermesh and the Groom brushes hardly ever work the way I want them to.
    So I've been using Jason Martin's approach using just mainly move brushes and will eventually give the entire body the same treatment.

Congratulations on such a powerful sculpt! I haven't the nerve yet to explore fibermesh but you seem to really be getting the hang of it. Keep us updated on your progress.

Quote Originally Posted by jBogh View Post
    Thanks guys!
    The KeyShot Plugin is still in Beta testing so it hasn't been released quite yet. But soon hopefully.
    You actually can create emissive materials in KeyShot. Either using the drop down menu marked "Type" in the Material properties. As well as in the Material Library.
    Then just tweak the colors and intensity
    Hope that helps!
    True you have the emisive material but you don´t have an emisive channel in other materials to be applied with a texture.
    I had the chance to test the plugin and it worked fine just once for me. The other sesions i tryed, whenever i change any parameter in the material the polypaint just disapears
    Thanks for you help!

Default KeyShot 5 Beta Testing/3D Artist Review

Time to bump this thread!
    I was fortunate enough to get in on the Beta Testing for Keyshot 5.
    Afterwards I got the chance to Review KeyShot 5 for 3D Artist Magazine in Issue #69!
    Really excited about that one as it was my first time making it into print!
    https://www.keyshot.com/2014/keyshot...iew-3d-artist/

Here are a few images I created to showcase some of the new features.
    Sculpted in ZBrush of course!

Pattern Tool Instancing:

Perspective Backplate Matching + Pattern Tool:

KeyShot Cloud:
    (built in Material/Asset Repository)

Default Kaiju Study

Inspired by an Allen Williams drawing I came across.

Default Amazing

Amazing work. Kinda reminds me of Pacific Rim.

Some brilliant stuff man!

Default Gumroad Store is Live!

@Balthazar76 - Thanks!! Yeah, Kaiju study for sure! Based it off an amazing drawing by Allen Williams and then pushed the concept.

@Santis - Thanks a ton! Sorry for the extremely late reply. I'm really good at forgetting about threads :/

Sooo I've been absent for a while...
    I've had an idea cooking on the back burner for a bit and after the new year I decided to act on it.
    After seeing tons of kitbash kits and assets tailored towards Mech/Hard surface models I thought it would be cool to create some useful parts for the Creature and character artists out there.

So I'm starting off with some highly detailed creature eyes. I've seen FAR too many wonderful sculpts and designs that suffer from the "gray-marble syndrome"!
    If you are looking to breathe some new life into a concept you are working on, or need a production-ready set of creature eyes, hop on over to my site and try these on for size:

http://gumroad.com/jerodbogh

http://www.jerodbogh.com/store.html

Created in ZBrush 4r6 and Rendered in KeyShot 5.
    Each eye is a 2 part subtool, Inner and Outer eye.
    The inner eye has (2) 3D layers stored that allow control over Pupil Size and Iris Detail Strength.
    They all come with a 4K texture and a zip file with OBJs (High-Low)

I've put a lot of time and effort into getting this off the ground and am honestly trying to make things as affordable as I can without selling myself too short.
    I want anyone to be able to use these no matter what level your digital sculpting skills happen to be.

Please let me know if you have any questions or specific requests for future sets!
    There's more on the way shortly! Thanks for stopping by.

-Jerod

Jerod, sweet eyes! I would love to see your eye setup. Do you or are you thinking of making a video on setting this up in keyshot? Might be a nice short gumroad vid to make . Anyway I might just have to pick one of those up myself and check out what you are doing! Awesome work!

Katon
    Katon Callaway
    Art Director at Section Studios

www.Katoncallaway.com
    www.RIVALCXC.com
    www.instagram.com/artofkaton

The Keyshot part is easy Katon. All the work on those excellent eyes was obviously done before sending to Keyshot. In Keyshot you can apply a glass material to the outer eye surface and set it to "double sided." The inner eye can have a material applied (such as plastic) and the roughness adjusted to make the most of the texture.

Great work on the eyes Jerod, I can see you put a lot of work into them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast