ZBrushCentral

unwrap uv gets zbrush to crash

hi,

i am trying to unwrap my model, it is 100.000 polycount.
when i try unwrap it zbrush crashes. how come?
i got a pretty good computer so maby the polycount is to big?

specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Intel® Core™ i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
8192MB RAM
GeForce GTX 550 Ti

i used zremesher and tried it again, now when i hit work on clone the polycount is 74,018 when i unwrap it crashes again.

Have the exact same problem. Using latest version and maximum memory available but no matter what the unwrapping crashes

Ditto same problem, but no support even after several emails… figures. Pay 800+ for software but no fix… cant finish my sculpts now since I cannot use UV’s grrrr

Read (the last words):
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?191727-ZBrush-4R7-Patch-1-For-Macintosh-Users&p=1126384#post1126384

I would have liked to read the page you’re referring to but apparently I don’t have permission to view that page even though I’m logged in. It’s a forum, not the secret service’s internal messaging system :confused: I have to second the comment about paying such a high price only to get stuck halfway through a project without any way forward… Awesome job Pixelogic!

I was having the same problem with a model piece that was made of seperate polygroups. I found that the problem was fixed after I split the polygroups into different subtools and UV’d them that way. I hope this helps!

I’ve also found that trying to unwrapping something with impossible geometry is a cause to crash, too.

ditto on the problem and ditto on inability to see the post even when logged in