ZBrushCentral

Displacement map exporting

Hey guys,

I’ve hit 2 roadblocks regarding exporting displacement maps using zscripts.
Filename setting.
I can export maps if they are not udim’d else I’m in a pinch.

1. I don’t know how to set or query uv values so that I can export the correct maps.
  2. When I’m querying the active tool, I don’t only get back the current subtool’s name, BUT it’s path without separators.
    [VarSet,activeSubTool,[IgetTitle, Tool:Current Tool]] -> C:stuffblablablenshape instead of blablablendshape

Apologies for the delay, I missed this.

1. You can’t isolate UV tiles directly using zscript. You would have to use Polygroups>UV Groups and then SubTool>Groups Split to split into separate subtools before exporting the maps. (It’s possible to isolate the polygroups by Shift+Ctrl+clicking on them by hand but this can’t be done in zscript.)

2. What you’re seeing is the full path. The slashes don’t show in the Note but they will be there in the string so you can use the path if you need to. You can get the interface path by using:
    [IGetTitle, Tool:Current Tool,1]

That will give you something like ‘Tool: Dog_1’. You can use [StrExtract] to trim off the palette name if you just want the subtool name.

HTH,

Thanks for the reply,

Unfortunately, I lose my layers if I split it by group and that’s the main thing I want to do. Export every displacement map for every layer, it works correctly if I have only 1 UV space. I’m wondering how the multi-map exporter does it in the background?

FIX:
Never mind, I recced it and found how it’s done. :cool: