ZBrushCentral

Sharktipede!

Comments and Crits welcome! Just a personal project after watching Sharknado and Giant Shark vs. Mega Octopus lol

Attachments

Sharktipede_02.jpg

…your design is much better than: Sharknado or Giant Shark vs. Mega Octopus!

Sadicus: Hahaha well thank you!

Sharktipede progress people! He’s coming together! So after some reviews from people i decided to go with the smooth shark belly. I think i like it. Im happy with his over-all form since adding the smaller fins and fixing the tail… Haven’t addressed the legs yet and starting detail passes. Any thoughts comments critiques and/or ideas are all welcome! Thanks for all the help so far!

Finally finished Sharktipede! First attempt at a nice render using Zbrush lighting and redering. Lesson learned: i need to practice that lol. Anybody have any good video links for learning how to make sexy renders? Anyway!! C&C welcome! This was just for fun and to try to get better. Thinking about making him into a mini so i can have him sitting on my desk…

Final_Render.jpg

Your sculpt is great but i think your textures need more work, colors are too uniform. Work on textures, your render will be better.

Hey thanks! Texturing has always been my weakness. I feel like ive seen a lot of REALLY sexy renders from zbrush and cant seem to replicate it… as far as specular and materials go. Do you have any specific suggestions on how to improve my texture?

Haha, it’s awesome! Would make a great print! :+1:

looks great and kinda reminds me of older game called impossible creatures

@ Santis: Hey thanks! I did the whole project with making a cool miniature model in mind so i really hope he’ll turn out well 3d printed.

@ RazielBlair: Haha i remember that game! He totally does lol thanks for the comment.

Sharktipede made it for me, well thought, i see what you did there, no post will be left behind, post moar !!!

:+1:

Haha thanks Freewaldo

Use mask by cavity and mask by peaksandvalleys , colospray or/and dragrect with differents alpha with low rgb value, etc… in nature, pure color doesn’t exist, there are alway differents color mixed with multiples “noise”.

Make your texture more dirty.

Thank you for the advice Alnomcys! Ill give that a try

Due to reviews i attempted to touch up my project Sharktipede! I want to make him as awesome as possible so please comments and critiques are more than welcome!! Thank you!

Nice! But not quite as epic as the fire breathing bearsharktopuscorpion. (Look it up, it’s out there)

I think this forum needs an animal mash up challenge.

Haha thanks i appreciate that. Even being compared to that epic creature is a compliment.

I agree they totally should. Never enough contests.

…coming along nicely. Recent post is a definite improvement imo. Some things to consider

1. Moisture in the mouth. It needs the wetness of saliva, maybe even have some elongated strands arcing from the top to the bottom teeth.
  2. Lighting is very harsh. The image looks blown out, and the shadows are too deep…they look solid black. I get the feeling you are going for a high noon, sunny day. If that’s the case, check out the one render on Cedric Seaut’s thread. http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?136873-Cedric-Seaut-s-Little-Box/page12 It’s the only actual render on this page, so should be easy to find. It’s of his DWIV character(s). Also, if you are viewing his most recent work first, then it’s actually on page 50; not page 12 as the link suggests. Hope that’s clear
  3. The color of the legs is noticeably more saturated than anything else on the creature…it just seems weird to me and throws the image out of balance. Maybe see what the orange on the plates would look like with that kind of
    saturation, or perhaps desaturate the legs a bit…just something to balance out the image a bit more.

I hope this helps. cheers

Continuing my shark creature adventures!!