New Member Follow User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by SuperHer0 View Post
    Renderman
    Thank you
    My first post.
    Hope you enjoy it http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...gaelic+warrior

Good sculpting to everyone

Member Follow User Gallery

Just watched the Epic videos. The amount of information was fantastic.
    Thanks to the guys of Epic for the thorough preperation and Pixologic for the Recap.
    True refinement seeks simplicity - Bruce Lee

http://samoth.cghub.com/

this is really helpful
    thanks!!

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Very helpfull!

Master!
    The mind is like a parachute -
    it only works if it is open.
    Frank Zappa

My Sketchbook

Member Follow User Gallery

Thanks for the vid's. I love when as you watch these you stumble across a helpful tip that improves your workflow but its too bad that you can't hear them clearly. You people are definitely NOT filmmakers!

All of the presenters really know their stuff, but I gotta say, Joseph Drust really knocked it out of the park. I love watching his videos, he has this quick way of relaying tons of info without overwhelming you or leaving stuff out.

Again, thank you guys so much for posting these! I was stuck at my booth the entire convention so I missed all of this. It's a real pleasure to view it now and there's so much info! I thought I knew a lot about ZBrush but I managed to learn something new with each video.

Damn, these were great videos! Hearing all of that insight and seeing the technique was amazing. Thank you so much for providing them.

Awesome Videos!

QUESTION though!,

During Mike Kime's great video from epic, he shows a demonstration using booleans. This technique doesn't seem to work in Zbrush4R6 that I'm using?

The technique is: Two subtools, top subtool is main mesh, bottom subtool is mesh you want to "cut out" or boolean the main mesh with. You make sure both are in Dynamesh mode. You flip normals of bottom subtool. Make sure bottom subtool is flagged as "negative" in subtool menu. You then "merge down" so both subtools are one. Then you clear mask, which redynameshes. EVERYTIME I do this it remains a positive boolean rather than a negative. Also, the first time I clear the mask nothing appears to happen, then the second time it initiates, but again it is a positive boolean not a negative. I've tried a bunch of variations on this with no luck- anyone know where I'm going wrong?

Thanks!
    Dylan

Administrator Follow User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by dylanpanther View Post
    Awesome Videos!

QUESTION though!,

During Mike Kime's great video from epic, he shows a demonstration using booleans. This technique doesn't seem to work in Zbrush4R6 that I'm using?

The technique is: Two subtools, top subtool is main mesh, bottom subtool is mesh you want to "cut out" or boolean the main mesh with. You make sure both are in Dynamesh mode. You flip normals of bottom subtool. Make sure bottom subtool is flagged as "negative" in subtool menu. You then "merge down" so both subtools are one. Then you clear mask, which redynameshes. EVERYTIME I do this it remains a positive boolean rather than a negative. Also, the first time I clear the mask nothing appears to happen, then the second time it initiates, but again it is a positive boolean not a negative. I've tried a bunch of variations on this with no luck- anyone know where I'm going wrong?

Thanks!
    Dylan
    Hello Dylan

Make sure you are using ZBrush4R6 P2. You will see what version you are using in the top left of ZBrush. If it does not say ZBrush4R6 P2 then shut ZBrush down and run the ZUpgrader application that is in the Program Files(x86)/Pixologic/ZBrush4R6 folder.

FYI...You don't need to flip the normals and you only need the top SubTool to be in DynaMesh mode. Just make sure that the bottom SubTool has that second icon on. When you clear the mask nothing will happen because you were just doing the act of clearing the mask.

See if that helps.

Paul

Hey Paul,

My zbrush is the correct version. I finally got it working, thanks a lot! I tested it with unique objects i made in maya and it worked flawlessly. I stumbled across a very specific bug that made it not work. For some reason if I duplicated a dynamesh sphere and used that to booleans it would not work. but if i duplicated a dynamesh object and REdynameshed it after i duped, it would work. That is why I perceived it as not working.

Cheers!
    Dylan

Absolutely fantastic coverage. Loved watching every one of them. Well done and thank you, all of the demo-artists. I learned a lot and enjoyed watching all the different work flows you employed.

And of course thank you Pixologic, for making this happen! The sound was a little bit difficult to interpret from time to time, but other than that, good show! Jolly good show!

Quote Originally Posted by gabo1991 View Post
    Hello Dylan

Make sure you are using ZBrush4R6 P2. You will see what version you are using in the top left of ZBrush. If it does not say ZBrush4R6 P2 then shut ZBrush down and run the ZUpgrader application that is in the Program Files(x86)/Pixologic/ZBrush4R6 folder.

FYI...You don't need to flip the normals and you only need the top SubTool to be in DynaMesh mode. Just make sure that the bottom SubTool has that second icon on. When you clear the mask nothing will happen because you were just doing the act of clearing the mask.

See if that helps.

Paul
    If boolean cutting is not working probably is because the polycount of your cutting mesh is higher than the cutted one
    Hope this helps

Fran

Thanks for all the recaps Pixologic. Much love!

Default Thank you, once again!

What an amazing amount of educational resources and reference! Thank you pixologic, and to all of the talented SIGGRAPH speakers/instructors.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast