ZBrushCentral

Musician's Portrait (Including Free ZTL)

It’s been a while since I’ve been able to post some personal work, so I’m proud to present my latest project here!

I created this project during some downtime to experiment with photo-realism and to modernize my personal workflow.
The subject is very loosely based on the cuban jazz musician Compay Segundo of Buena Vista Social Club fame.

Modeling was done with ZBrush and Maya, Texturing with Mari, and Lighting/Shading/Rendering with V-Ray in Maya.

I’ve also been toying with the idea of sharing some of my source files with the CG Community that has given so much over the years.
So very I’m pleased to be releasing the raw ZBrush .ZTL file of this project free to all for educational purposes!

You can download the model from the ‘Files’ section on my website: CGGallery.com
Pixologic has also been gracious enough to offer a mirror of the ZTL on their server: HERE

As always, any questions and critique are welcome!
I’ve also been keeping an eye out for interesting new career opportunities, so feel free to get in touch.
I hope you enjoy my work - thanks for taking a look!

Attachments

download_thumb.jpg

musiciansportrait_01.jpg

musiciansportrait_02.jpg

musiciansportrait_03.jpg

musiciansportrait_04.jpg

musiciansportrait_05.jpg

Great job all the way around Akin :):+1:

Great job, thank you for sharing your ZTL, I’ve just watched it to see your full work on the sculpt.:+1:

Wow, you nailed that one, just aweseome man! :+1:

Excellent work! Thank you very much for sharing your file with us. Your facial topology looks very solid, and I will certainly use your ZTL to study this topology for my own learning. Thanks, again!

Very cool Akin,love the eyes’s shading i told you before

TOP RAW for me!
And very nice of you to share the model! :cool:

That’s a really awesome piece. The details are amazing. Great job.

Many thanks for sharing. Wonderful work. Things like this really help me learn about skin pores, so thanks again.

Very cool!

Thanks for sharing the ZTL, I can’t view it though as I’m still on 4R4 (it’s for 4R5 above).

Great details everywhere, is the lower lip really like that? It seems a bit flat to me, no?

AWESOME WORK… thanks for sharing the ZTL… it was really help ful to know the work flow… thanks a lot…
really a great man…

truubluu - Thanks very much!
darktimax - You’re welcome, glad you enjoyed it!
Santis - Thanks!
cdizzle - No problem! Nothing special with the topology, just started from a default head mesh and worked from there. Thank you!
3mm - Thanks man! I appreciate it!
Rikk The Gaijin - Thank you! No problem!
xsantos - Thanks!
Blaine91555 - Glad to hear it’s helpful, enjoy!
monstermaker - Thank you Rick! Means a lot.
WilsonReyes - Yeah, now that you mention it, probably could have made it a bit fuller! Thanks!
swajith - No problem! Glad it helped.

Thanks again everyone! More coming soon!

LOVE,LOVE,LOVE~cool WORK!

very nice work mate, and very generous to share the model with the community! cheers!

Just amazing Akin. Thank you for being so gracious to share the file with the community. I know a ton of people will learn from the file.

Paul

Amazing, wow!! I love that music.
Congratulations and many thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the feedback everyone - It certainly means a lot to me. And I’m glad you’re finding the model file helpful.
Pixologic has be gracious enough to host a mirror to the ZTL file: HERE

A slight update - my girlfriend took a shot at turning my render into an old Black & White photo version (she’s an amazing professional photographer / retoucher). I really dig how it turned out, so I wanted to share it with you here as well. Thanks for looking!

musiciansportrait_graded.jpg

thats a solid sculpt and great textures too. congrats! really inspired me on a sculpt on working on right now :slight_smile:

Great Job! ermahgadz free ZTL file… thanks for the breakdown!