Default Flat model on startup scene

Hello,

Each time I launch Sculptris, I get a flat object like the one on the screenshot. I've tried to change the material, and I've completely reinstalled Sculptris without result. I'm using Sculptris on a Mac with Mavericks DP4.

Thank you

New Member Follow User Gallery

I have the same problem and tryied everything. I think it's got to to with the installation of the new Mac Os Mavericks. Anyone has a solution to this problem yet?

Default Yep just the same

Quote Originally Posted by Meike View Post
    I have the same problem and tryied everything. I think it's got to to with the installation of the new Mac Os Mavericks. Anyone has a solution to this problem yet?
    I think it's the new open GL in osx 10.9.

Solutions ?

I'm having the same problem. I'd really like to know if Z-Brush has the same flat-image problem on Mavericks because I'd like to Buy it in the future. All I can say is that I didn't had the flat image on the older MAC OSX 10.8 (Mountain Lion).

greetings Benny

Just started playing around with sculptress today on my new macbook with mavericks, getting the same problem with no matter what material i load i get a flat texture.

It's really hard to sculpt with no shadows!!! :P

Please post if anyone has a fix

Member Follow User Gallery

Not being a maven at display details, what I DO know is that Mavericks introduces OpenCL for graphics acceleration. Figuring that Sculptris relies on the old OpenGL, we now have a case where the ongoing evolution of an operating system has broken a 'legacy' app.

"OpenCL in OS X Mavericks supports Intel HD Graphics 4000, Intel HD Graphics 5000, and Intel Iris Pro integrated graphics processors, letting apps tap into the parallel computing power of even more Mac systems."

Unless Mavericks has some per-app setting to get Sculptris to use OpenGL again, I'd presume this pretty much removes Mavericks machines off Pixologic's user base.

The only recourses I can see...

• Hope that Pixologic tweaks an update to have Sculptris running with OpenCL. Cue Justadeletedguy's "HA! Right!" I'm less hopeful this'll ever happen too.
    • Complain bitterly to the Apple Support Forum. They can either fix legacy-app handling in the next Mavericks update or hold firm that it's up to the app developer to step in-line with OpenCL. (see above) https://discussions.apple.com/commun...os_x_mavericks
    • Bootcamp into Windows and use the Windows version of Sculptris there.

Being new to OSX myself, I wouldn't even know where to begin investigating further.

Exclamation Mavericks upgrade breaks sculptris

Also, perhaps it should be Stickied in BOLD to warn Sculptris users on the Mac: "Mavericks Upgrade Breaks Sculptris"

Default same problem...super bummed...best program for sculpting i have ever used!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thity View Post
    I think it's the new open GL in osx 10.9.

Solutions ?
    sad....

Quote Originally Posted by LaurentR2D2 View Post
    Hello,

Each time I launch Sculptris, I get a flat object like the one on the screenshot. I've tried to change the material, and I've completely reinstalled Sculptris without result. I'm using Sculptris on a Mac with Mavericks DP4.

Thank you
    Same problem here on my newish macbook pro. I agree with the others that it has something to do with OSX Mavericks, but there is also a hardware component. I have Mavericks on my older imac, and it renders normally, while my macbook has the problem you're describing.
    Last edited by omfoltz; 10-30-13 at 05:37 PM. Reason: removing unnecessary image

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default re

lol ... try a Virtualbox with XP, or run it under Wine... or go trade your new Mac at a Pawn shop for an old Dell-Windows Laptop that can run Sculptris ...

Default Make Sculptris working on Mavericks

> go to your application folder
    > open Sculptris Alpha 6
    > open config.txt with the texteditor
    > in your config.txt set "enable_shaders 1" to "enable_shaders 0"
    > save it

Make some nice things

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DOOR7 View Post
    > open Sculptris Alpha 6
    > save it

Make some nice things

Thank you so much!!! that worked for me

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DOOR7 View Post
    > open Sculptris Alpha 6
    > save it

Make some nice things
    Bravo! That worked for me as well.

Thumbs up

THANK YOU Door7, that did the trick. Sculptris is now working with this configuration:

MacBook Pro
    OSX Mavericks
    Ivy Bridge i7
    nVidia GeForce GT 650M

Quote Originally Posted by AlchemistD View Post
    Bravo! That worked for me as well.
    Thanks! I was ready to dig out my Dell! Using late 2013 27" iMac with Mavericks 10.9.1, 16GB ram. i5 processor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast