ZBrushCentral

Kend's Sketchbook

Kend’s SketchBook

Hello everyone my name is Ken and this going to be my Sketchbook hopefully showcasing my journey to becoming a creature/character artist. I’ve always wanted to make creatures/ characters for movies or Cinematics, and I really enjoy and love doing it but ive realized it is not a easy journey getting there so hopefully with helpful crits and motivation.

So here is a WIP of a creature Ive been working on, I’m hoping for the next update to have the fine detail, pose and colour in there. So what u guys think?

creaturewipq.jpg

Attachments

creaturewipq.jpg

1 Like

UPDATE:

So the demon ive been working is coming along GREAT! :smiley: Im really happy with this. So ive gotten the base colors down and the base details down. Right now I’m trying to figure out a good color scheme for him once I figure out what colors i want for his skin then I will move onto the fine detail and the fine texture details.

PLS CRIT THX :smiley:

creaturewipq2.jpg

Attachments

creaturewipq2.jpg

Critiques Anyone? I can really use them

“Crickets…”

Ok I guess it takes a bit to get some crits and views, but anyways heres my Next update working in the details now, I might end up doing a full character dont know yet.

Untitldfed-1.jpg

Attachments

Untitldfed-1.jpg

WIP Update:

gsd.jpg

creatwsrffs.jpg

Hopefully get sum crits this time

Attachments

gsd.jpg

creatwsrffs.jpg

looking good so far :slight_smile:
i think you should work on the areas where the teeth attach to the body
it looks a bit like they’re just glued on or something like that right now
keep working :slight_smile:

Love the look of it :+1:
Although it`s clearly not done I agree with Fynn,
think about maybe having the teeth closer together
and having it a bit longer. Other then that the head
looks great.

hey guys Thanks for the crit :smiley:

Ya its not fully done yet I agree, was trying to get the shape of the body and the design down so i kept things rough,
but ya for the stomach im gonna work on that more i was hoping to have a row of inner teeth as well but ya im going to
definately work that area out more.

Thanks alot guys for liking it so far, means alot :smiley: !!!

dfsdf.jpg

Ok so have been really looking at the approach I took to this Project and I’ve
decided to reflect on some mistakes ive made.

1. Planning And Sticking with the plan.
So when I started this off i planned on doing just a bust, and
all my thumbnails and sketches I drew were geared towards that,
and the reference i collected was also geared towards that, and
after I finished the bust I decided to do the whole thing HOWEVER I
did not lay a plan out for that I just went with little reference and no
plan, What did that result in? Procrastination, hesitation to do certain
parts, and finding it difficult to commit to certain aspects of the model.

2. PROCRASTINATION
I really need to force myself to just sit down and do it and fully commit.
I find I procrastinate the most when I hit a roadblock and I’m afraid if
I work through it the wrong way and screw up.

3. Stick with it to the end
There was several Moments during this project where I would hit roadblocks
and would feel like jumping ship, But i have to force myself to stay through
till the end.

As for the updates on the project I’ve decided to make this into a bust i
think this is the best plan of action. I Have more details to add in terms of fine
detail skin detail and of course more fine texturing.

Pls crit and give me advice thank

Attachments

dfsdf.jpg

Hi,
My only crit at this point would be … turn off symmetry and do some creases, winkles on the head. This will take your model to another level.
Good so far.
Cheers.

Ya very good point, thats what im gonna do next is work on asymetrical details and texture.

Hello everybody so its been a while since Ive posted, been doing alot of practising trying to get better, alot of stuff failed but the character im working on now finnally is looking great here is the
catwoman character im working on. This is a Work In Progress. So pls crit if u want It would be very helpful to me :smiley:

Ps perspective is on in image below

catwomandd.jpg

Attachments

catwomandd.jpg

Hello Everyone I’m Finnally done my first finished portfolio character :D:D Im calling this done but If you guys notice anything please drop a crit especially on the lighting which is something im still learning. Its been a crazy journey getting here So here it is.

CATWOMAN1opt.jpgCATWOMAN2opt.jpgCATWOMAN3opt.jpgCATWOMAN5opt.jpgCATWOMAN6opt.jpgCATWOMAN7opt.jpg

Attachments

CATWOMAN1opt.jpg

CATWOMAN2opt.jpg

CATWOMAN3opt.jpg

CATWOMAN5opt.jpg

CATWOMAN6opt.jpg

CATWOMAN7opt.jpg

Great job, man! She is really hot girl :smiley:

yeah I agree.she’s hot.you did a great job man.the render looks nice.keep it up.:wink:

Now that’s a sexy Catwoman! Great job on this! Love the face, too. :+1:

That’s really nice. Well done! :smiley:

Can I ask a question, since this is a portfolio piece do you think you will get judged on function as well? the only reason I as is because she won’t be able to take her bag off. There’s no clips on and the straps are clearly made of a leather like non-elastic material. I guess it’s not a big deal but I have to admit it’s the first thing I noticed as soon as I saw her from the back. If you wanted to change it it could be as simple as putting a release clasp where the metal ring is. I don’t mean to be a downer. It’s an amazing model. Just that strap jumped out at me, haha.

Nice work on Catlady! she looks great!

Well done! Really hot and attractive!

Tremendous work man! Any chance you could share a breakdown of your render?