ZBrushCentral

Hendrik Freuer - Sketchbook 2013

Hey guys and gals,

I haven’t posted anything here for a while now, because I usually post stuff on Facebook.
But I think it can’t hurt to post here as well in order to reach more people.

Here is something I’ve been working on the past two days in my spare time. The idea I have in mind is a
“dark lord of the beetles” type deal. It’s still a rough concept. But I’m slowly getting there.

C&C welcome! :slight_smile:

cheers.

Attachments

BugLord.jpg

really nice! u have a lot of amazing work on your sketchbook .:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

thanks man! :slight_smile:

Here is a new head I crunched up this afternoon. Thought my beetle lord needed some sort of advisor or intelligent servant.

A crunch from earlier today. Possible look of the mindless minions of my beetle lord.

A little crunch in between from a sphere. Didn’t really intend to sculpt a leg, it just sort of happened :wink:

A little progress on the minion beetle. Not sure if the arms will stay like this. will probably dial down the muscle mass and definition.

I’ve also attached a picture of my initial concept for the minion. Ended up looking a little too mean, so this might become some sort of overseer or something.

Screen Shot 2013-07-22 at 7.50.59 PM.jpg

Another small update on the minion beetle. Roughed out the legs. Still haven’t really touched the body. It’ll get similar “plating” than
the neck area. Also kinda have to squeeze in some wings. Have to figure out how to go about that.

I also attached an image of the silhouette. I’m not sure if he would fall over or if it’s balanced. What would you say?

Minion_Silhouette.jpg

Here is something I’ve spend a couple hours on today. It’s still at a very rough stage.
Also tried some quick FiberMesh just for fun.

Hope you guys like it.

cheers :slight_smile:

Another update on this guy…

Nice work. Keep going!

Very cool stuff here!!!

Cool :slight_smile: Nice design

thanks for your comments, guys :slight_smile:

Small update from today. Started to add some ZSpheres to the legs to make them look more like roots. Haven’t sculpted them yet though.

Diggin the ZSpheres as roots thinking it was a bit tedious to make them stick??? Thought about trying ZSketch for roots on one of my tree models see how it goes… Very cool so far!!!

I actually did start with ZSketch, but I couldn’t figure out how to move individual strands without affecting the others.
With ZSpheres, it’s much more controlled, but it also takes a bit longer.

Another update on my tree dude. Added ZSpheres to the head. This is probably gonna be a bitch to sculpt. But it’s just so much fun playing with ZSpheres :smiley:

It’s beautiful.
I hope to see a final version of it.

Here’s another update on the tree guy with more ZSphere-age :wink: