Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Diggin the ZSpheres as roots thinking it was a bit tedious to make them stick??? Thought about trying ZSketch for roots on one of my tree models see how it goes... Very cool so far!!!

I actually did start with ZSketch, but I couldn't figure out how to move individual strands without affecting the others.
    With ZSpheres, it's much more controlled, but it also takes a bit longer.

Another update on my tree dude. Added ZSpheres to the head. This is probably gonna be a bitch to sculpt. But it's just so much fun playing with ZSpheres

Member Follow User Gallery

It's beautiful.
    I hope to see a final version of it.

Here's another update on the tree guy with more ZSphere-age

hey guys, after several more hours of work today, I got a little more progress done on the tree dude.
    covered the whole body with ZSpheres and also made some test leaves for the branches, just to see how it looks.
    I also made some longer roots coming down the arms sort of mimicking the vascular system of the human arm. hope you like it

cheers!

Very cool work with the Zspheres. That concept and model starting to look really good and its not even detailed yet!

i love it!!

hey thanks guys

I'm currently trying to disentangle the ZSphere mess that is inside the body, that is deleting the base ZSphere and some other connections,
    closing the holes and using ZRemesher to make the mesh pretty again, so I can sculpt it soon..

Wow, nice progress so far!!! Beautiful work!!!
    I really like the volumes of leaves and how you worked all of
    those zSpheres into the form!!!

hey guys, I just spent some time cleaning up all the invisible ZSphere mess inside the body, cutting off the bigger base and connecting spheres,
    closing the holes and using zremesher to make the topology pretty again.

Now that I'm getting closer to sculpting, I have a question you guys might be able to help me with.
    How would I go about sculpting and UVing the entire thing?
    Should I leave everything like this and just subdivide, sculpt and UV them individually? (I just merged everything for the purpose of the picture)
    Or should I dynamesh the whole thing, retopologize (or use ZRemesher) and the sculpt the model as one? (the plan is to eventually bring it into Maya for rendering.

In case of the first option, would it make sense to remove the not visible parts of the zspheres to reduce the polycount?

Thanks in advance for any tips on this!

Personally, I would try to separate your branches and roots meshes into multiple subtools, like maybe one for the head, the body, one (or two) for each arm and leg, depending if you want symetry, etc. It would be easier to work with IMO and would allow you to have a higher definition than if you kept everything into one subtool.

I agree with Mighty Reg. You can even see where the subtools would be separated cleanly into parts:
    -Head with Trapezius
    -Arms at Deltoids
    -Torso Front is Pecs to crotch (leave adductors but keep what is flowing beneath sartorius)
    -Torso Back is Infraspinatus to coccyx
    -Legs will be the remainder (Sartorius, Adductors, TFL Glut Med & Max)
    You also may want to do things like the beard , face and hands (etc) separately.

Depending on what the final output on this guy is will determine how much detail you go into for UV retopology. You mentioned bringing it into Maya for rendering but that could mean anything. If that's all you want to do then I would go for the route that is fastest that will get the best quality from the detail you put in. You can get away with a lot for a low res game character because of how you set up most of the silhouettes though (think a faceted piece of glass surrounding this figure, planes, planes, planes). As you mentioned I think the ZRemesh will do just fine and you may be able to just run UV Master based off of polygroups and avoid most of the hard work.

If you're looking to deleting the inner geometry but keep the polygroups you COULD mask the exterior shell with the mask brush with backface masking on, invert mask, create polygroup from mask, hide polygroup and delete hidden. Now this will leave holes in the mesh that will need welded in maya or see what you can get away with with Close holes function in ZB.

Just some of my thoughts. Looking good man!

*EDIT*
    I feel like there's an easier way to do what I described but haven't had enough coffee yet today to remember it.

Default ZBrush ring printed in metal

Here is a little freelance project I did last month. It's a Victoria Lily pad ring I made entirely in ZBrush.
    The idea for the project came from Michal Fedasz (michfed@wp.pl), who then printed the model
    in brass and coated it with 24 carat gold. You can see the result on the two photos I attached, which
    were given to me by Michal.

I'm really happy with how the print turned out. I have never had any model of mine 3D printed before,
    so I'm quite excited about it and thought I should share

Hope you like it!

cheers!

The ring model in ZBrush

The ring print

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12