ZBrushCentral

nagulov's sketchbook

Hello everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I use 3ds max in my day-to-day work, but have been enchanted with zbrush since forever. These are some sketches I’ve made, in fits and spurts, over a long period of time. Wish I could sculpt half as well as some folks on here. Anyhow, C&C welcome!

First some older stuff:
z01_Akuma.jpg

z02_GoatMan_Side.jpg

z04_Doll_Bust.jpg

z06_troll.JPG

z07_boo.JPG

z08_djavo.JPG

Attachments

z01_Akuma.jpg

z02_GoatMan_Side.jpg

more recent stuff:

my attempt at scott eaton’s sculpting style:
Arm01.jpg

Dino! Scales loosely based on king kong’s v-rex:

based on an image I found on CG Hub:

Scott Eaton type sculpting again:

Attachments

dynameshed aquatic creature… no human nudity! :slight_smile:
z18_zivina.jpg

Head kinda inspired by Pacific Rim:
z23b_rogonja.jpg

z23c_rogonja.jpg

love that last one

and finally, a few nudes:

dynamesh based on Carpeaux’s sculpture:
carpeaux_jeune fille.jpg

Nude_Dynamesh.jpg

inspired by the Skydoll comic:
z14_Skydoll_sketch.JPG

based on an image I found on CG Hub:
zenskiTorzo02.jpg

Attachments

carpeaux_jeune fille.jpg

Nude_Dynamesh.jpg

z14_Skydoll_sketch.JPG

zenskiTorzo02.jpg

“sigh”…great. this blue girl…such a face!. excellent work. love the old man face too!

Some really excellent work in here - congrats! and keep it up!

Very cool stuff! I especially like the Skydoll character and the robotic faun-type.

-Sam

Fantastic arts! you have a way of capturing all the subtle emotions and expressions! I loved each and every one of them :smiley: looking forward to see more from you! :smiley:

love all of them. Timelapse?:+1:

thanks for the comments guys! They mean a lot, since I consider myself a lowly beginner. I stopped doing busts for a while, in order to focus more on learning anatomy. However, faces are always more interesting than yet another muscled body, I realize.

@nassosa:
you wouldn’t want to watch a timelapse of me laboring through a sculpt, believe me! :wink: It’s a whole lot of pushing, pulling and undo abuse. Still need a lot of practice…

all of them are great,
why didnt finish any works!!(texture,render…)

Thanks! The reason they’re not ‘finished’ is that they’re just glorified sketches. I’m primarily working on my zbrushing skills.

Here’s a nude i did over the last couple of days. Dynameshed from a sphere, around 6-8 hours altogether. Done from a photo by mjranum on deviantArt.

GolaCica01_zel.jpg
GolaCica02_zel.jpg
GolaCica03_zel.jpg
GolaCica04_zel.jpg
GolaCica05_zel.jpg

Attachments

GolaCica01_zel.jpg

GolaCica02_zel.jpg

GolaCica03_zel.jpg

GolaCica04_zel.jpg

GolaCica05_zel.jpg

Very nice sculpts! I really enjoy the anatomy! :slight_smile:

Hey man, thanks for the compliment! It means a lot, coming from an old pro like you.

Wow… I have rarely seen the female form done in such an enticing way, your work in amazing! A zbrush timelapse would be very interesting to watch; cant believe you are considering yourself as a beginner o_0

damn, thats amazing
i love studies like this

Beautiful!

nice studies… waiting for more :+1: