Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Love it!

Video Woman Smoking

This sculpt is based on a photo by PanKarel from deviantart. Using mannequin helped me greatly, as I could focus on the posture first, then build forms once the limbs were already in place. But man, sculpting a face without symmetry is still hard mode. I'm in awe of traditional sculptors.

As usual I'm attaching a timelapse in case it inspires anyone. It's perhaps a bit less dynamic than earlier clips, since the first half is mostly taken up with me moving vertices to get the right forms. But getting the low-poly body practically for free was a luxury, compared to using dynamesh from scratch.

I'll upload another couple of sculpts a bit later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD67l1SaHSg

love it! Beautiful

Nice sculpt!

Thanks so much! Getting positive feedback from awesome artists like you just makes my day.

Default Centaur Girl

Centaur girl sculpt based on the beautiful drawing by Claire Wendling. All equine/human anatomical errors are entirely my fault.

And the timelapse to show just how sucky the sculpt looked for like 70% of the sculpting time..

Love the centaur design! A great mix of themes. You would never imagine a centaur to look like this. Awesome.

Well done.

Cheers,
    Paul
    (mix_mash)
    My Renderosity Store - 3d props and 2d stuff
    My OLD Youtube Tutes - for Zbrush and other cg progs

Moderator Follow User Gallery

Great work! You've really captured the flavor of Claire Wendling's work (I love her drawings!).

This is simply... cool.
    http://dragondragon.deviantart.com/
    "Live life, don't let life live you"
    Alexander Lockhart- From his book, Positive Charges.

Thanks guys! Claire's whimsical sketch immediately captured my eye/imagination. Was fun to try and convert it into 'full' 3d.

Very cool anatomy

You're great talent!

Wow, top row! Never thought this day would come, it's truly an honor. Thanks ZBC!

nice sculpt!

Very Cool thread, inspirational artwork, and I enjoyed reading your thought process, just one thing I thought you might be interested in knowing, traditional sculptors actually make use of symmetry by way of sculpting using both hands, watch this demo in case you are interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1tH03sOhkU

Some times he used both hands when hes doing block in mayor symmetric forms, and he switches back and forth between using two or
    one had, which would be akin to hitting the symmetry button on Zbrush, or like on that other body issue sculpt you did in which you
    used symmetry for the arms and head, but made the legs as stand alone pieces, that would be the same way a traditional sculptor would
    work, what I mean by all this is that you can handicap you self by not using symmetry all, but I don't believe this makes
    you all that better or worse a sculptor, the final end result is more important times than how you get there, mind me that some times
    the process is more important that the end result, but it this case I believe not using symmetry is just a bit of waste of time.

The reason I also wrote this is because I have often though the same thing as in, should I use, or not use, the symmetry features.
    and since traditional sculptors also make use of this feature (or any other trick that makes their life easier) I arrived to the
    conclusion that it's really is a non issue, and just hop in and out of it as I see fit.

Either way I really like your work and it has inspired me to keep trying to get better.
    Best of luck on them studies!