ZBrushCentral

Anna's Sketchbook

Hey guys,
I start this thread as a collection of my sketches and scuplts made in ZBrush. I will upload anything like concepts, busts, wip’s or traditional stuff. Enjoy.

Owen_two_sides_crop.jpg

This is a sculpt I finished last week. It was an assignment I completed on ZBW. I hope you can recognise him. :smiley:

Attachments

Owen_two_sides_crop.jpg

This is a hard surface test I made recently.
Pistol_4sides_shop.jpg

Attachments

Pistol_4sides_shop.jpg

Love the gun work, outstanding job

Love this!
Like the wooden look on the handle.

Nice work. Would you care explaining how you did the wood on the handgun please ?

Hi guys, thx for your comments.
The details on the handle are made using noise maker. I used it with UV’s on the subtool. Actually it’s a very simple trick so I hope you are not disappointed. :slight_smile:
-Anna

Wonderful posts, Anna
A very strong character, very well done. Keep posting please.

Hello guys,

I’ve done some work on another bust. Hope you like it.

-Anna

Cate_3views.jpg

Attachments

Cate_3views.jpg

Hello michalis, thank you so much for your encouraging words!!! :slight_smile:

sieht ein bissl aus wie meine neue nachbarin :wink:

I am a big fan of Helen Mirren. Even though she received her Oscar for another role, I think she never looked prettier then in this movie sequel.

I sculpted her in ZBrush. The render was done using Mental Ray and Maya. Final comp in Photoshop.

Helen_Miren_portrait (2).jpg
Helen_zbrush_portrait.jpg

Attachments

Helen_zbrush_portrait.jpg

Amazing work! Really nice model and render. Curious to know how did you go from poly hair to rendered hair?

Cheers,
Brian

Loved working with Helen Mirren, but it seemed to me that she had a big head. This is my opinion.

Clive Owen and Cate Blanchett if I’m not mistaken.

Hi guys,

I wasn’t really satisfied with the privious render. I decided to tune the render setup and make the SSS skin shader work properly.
I gave shading an texturing a little more love. I’ve also changed the entire shader of her dress in order to make it look more like fine garment.
I lightend the background sphere because I thought the previous render was overall a little too dark and distractive.

I hope you guys notice the difference. :smiley:

Tell me what you think about it.

Thanks,
Anna

Attachments

Hi Brian,
thank you for your kind comment. :slight_smile:

I didn’t go from polyhair to Maya hair. Maybe it’s a bit confusing the way I posted it. I sculpted it in ZBrush to decide on the actual hairstyle I wanted to go with. Then I used it as reference to design the hairstyle using the nHair System in Maya.
I’ve used curves to get the form in the way I like it.I then attached the nHair to it and used it’s features to finalise it. It’s not dynamic but it works for a still render.

Cheers
Anna

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Thanks for the explanation! I’m trying to get a system working for getting hair from ZBrush to Maya nHair at the moment and I’m starting to get good results but there’s a bit of a learning curve (no pun intended!), especially with lighting etc. Your results look really good though, it inspires me to keep going with it!

Cheers,
Brian

Love the stylistic balance :slight_smile: :+1: