ZBrushCentral

Brock Samson Model

So I started out with a shapeless blob, and a ZSpheres rig. After some sculpting and a great deal of attention to details, I got Brock’s upper torso sculpted. His lower torso and legs I re-built three times until I got it right. For his shoes, I used one of my dad’s loafers as a reference. And then I just reused the hands I made for my first model on Brock.

I tried to pose him using the armature tools, but he got all bunchy and crumpled looking, so I decided to come back and work on him after I learned the new methods of retopologizing.

It took me about 4-5 days to build Brock Samson after having worked with ZBrush for four weeks. Even though I’m not very skilled, yet, I’m quite pleased with how Brock turned out.

Attachments

BrockWIP01.jpg

BrockWIP02.jpg

BrockWIP03.jpg

BrockWIP04.jpg

BrockWIP05.jpg

BrockWIP06.jpg

And then these are my final pictures of Brock Samson.

Attachments

BrockWIP07.jpg

BrockWIP08.jpg

BrockWIP09.jpg

BrockWIP10.jpg

BrockWIP11.jpg

Would you call this piece done or are you open to some crits? For future projects I would create a base human mesh and start working it from there. Starting with a sphere and into a character after 4 weeks of training is extremely tough.

It’s more or less done in terms of sculpting. I am always open to critique, though! I’ll probably come back to this model and rework it a bit after I finish going through Eric Keller’s book.