Great stuff. I'd like to hear a bit more about the hair planes and how they were worked out for the in-game models. Were they sculpted at all? I notice there were separate versions for the print version. I cant imagine they were just laid out as cards as is, that would have been hellish!
hell YES. This is amazeballs to the umpteenth degree Mike. Everything looks soooooooooo good! You know everyone is going to beg for breakdowns on pretty much everything!!! haha! Speaking of:
1. What size maps did you guys use for these? Any modularity at all?
2. Triangle count??
3. Approximately how long (average) to take a character like Joel or Ellie from start to ingame finished, shaders and all.
4. How long for something like the Clicker?
5. How many draw calls for humans vs creatures?
6. The cloth work is absolutely amazing! Is any of that scan data??? It looks so reaaal! If you hand sculpted it all, any brushes or techniques you can share would be greatly appreciated!
7. How did you sculpt the black guys hair???
8. How much do you charge for an autographed wacom stylus :-) Seriously, killer work man! Inspired to say the least.