Member Follow User Gallery

Thanks for giving that breakdown! It was really informative and eye opening. You guys make some seriously beautiful art.

New Member Follow User Gallery

Still have so much to learn but seeing works like this makes me excited to keep Zbrushin. Thanks for sharing and for the insight!

Although it's been said already, I have to give you my thanks too.
    The info you shared is amazing, and in my opinion your work shows that scanning a real person is certainly not the best option to bring emotion to the character.
    Can't have enough of these workflow breakdowns, so if you 're feeling like it, please continue to share.

ps. I can't believe how good the hair looks.. as I was recently trying various methods for hair I have to say, they are the best cg i have seen up to now.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Thanks for answering some of the questions.

Stunning! These works are so good I would have thought they where real human scans. This kind of work set the bar very high for most of us, and shows us what can be achieved with allot of talent and hard work.

Thanks so very much for taking the time to answer those questions! I have attempted to do some afro-centric hair using the surface noise in ZB to no avail. Keeps coming out looking like clicker fungus instead >_< Will keep pluggin! Thanks again for all the answers!

ND guys, I'd like to join everyone else in congratulating you. I believe this game is an outstanding achievement that will be remembered for decades, and as good as the writing, acting, music and gameplay are all, it's also an incredibly important aspect that the characters look and act so much like real, believable people. This is a milestone in entertainment and it must be a great honor to be a part of it, but you all are totally worth of it; every polygon and pixel and brush stroke is an outstanding piece of art that can both stand on its own and still manages to perfectly serve the greater cause.

Congratulations and thanks for giving this to us!

this is insanely good. congrats for naughty dog and all artists who worked on this game.

Member Follow User Gallery

I've never seen better handmade clothes in my life. Stunning guys.

Amazing works! Congrats!

Absolutely brilliant works! Congrats!

Great!!!!
    Chris R

Quote Originally Posted by loked View Post
    If anyone is interested in more info on the rigs, fire away and I'll do my best to answer. I know this is not a rig forum, but seeings though its come up, I figured I'd throw that out there

The real reason I'm posting here, is I just wanna say that what was so amazing about working on the characters on this project for me was not only how talented and skilled Michael is, but how f@!#ng awesome he is to work with. Its very rare that you find someone who is humble, passionate and incredibly talented. This is the kind of thing that obviously cant come through by looking at someone's work, so I thought I'd make a point of mentioning it.

-Judd
    Howdy. I'm one of the two character artists for Poser we have to model and rig our stuff ourselves. I was intrigued by the facial bone system you guys have. I have been wondering if there are weight maps on the translations as well as the rotations for those bones? Currently we only have weight mapping for rotation dials so I'm trying to see if this would be a feasible technique for us to include or if I should just stick to a combo of morph target and bone.

Also, I'd asked earlier and understand if this isn't info you'd like to give but what were the in game asset poly counts for the most part? The highest not the lower LODs. We've gone between 50K and 25K and haven't quite found a sweet spot yet though I think that's more topology flow than poly count.

Lastly, I know the CE had a small book included but I missed my chance to get a copy of it, will there be an "Art of" book for the Last of Us like there was for Uncharted 2? I would buy that without thinking twice.

I would love for there to be an art of book. Just let me know when and you can have my money.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast