ZBrushCentral

Anatomypunk

Hello :slight_smile:

This is my first post but I’ve been visiting Zbrushcentral for a few years now. I am amazed by all the artwork that is being showed here everyday. Always brightens my day watching the “recent-panel” :slight_smile:

My name is Alexander Kafoussias, living in Stockholm, Sweden. I have a background in Industrial design (BFA) and the 3-year sculpture program at The Florence Academy of Art.
The Ecorché project below started parallel to the sculpture assignments in school during my first year of study. Almost every sunday during my time in Italy was spent building and refining the Ecorché (I also did a 1/2-lifesize ecorche in plasteline parallel to this. Every new school assignment gave me new useful knowledge that I could apply to the digital ecorché.

The anatomy studies in Florence would never been possible without my friend (and teacher) Eran Webber.

The structure of the Ecorché was done completely in Zbrush, no other software was used. The renders are simple preview renders with an outline.
By the way, whoever invented Dynamesh and Decimation Master deserves a big hug! Probably gave me another year of living :slight_smile: The people at Pixologic has been very helpful with support and silly questions, they are really one of a kind.

Thanks for reading!

Alexander

Skeleton1_anatomypunk.jpeg
Skeleton2_anatomypunk.jpeg
Skeleton3_anatomypunk.jpeg
Skeleton4_anatomypunk.jpeg
Skeleton5_anatomypunk.jpeg
Skeleton6_anatomypunk.jpeg

Attachments

Skeleton1_anatomypunk.jpeg

Skeleton2_anatomypunk.jpeg

Skeleton3_anatomypunk.jpeg

Skeleton4_anatomypunk.jpeg

Skeleton5_anatomypunk.jpeg

Hey Alexander

Great work. Looking forward to the next piece you complete in ZBrush. Was this all started with DynaMesh?

Paul

Thanks Paul!

Well when I started the project there was no Dynamesh, so I had all this super clumsy geometry everywhere. Eventually it got too heavy and I started doing manual retopology (z-sphere method). Which is amazing but not very good for many parts with holes in them. So when Dynemesh came around I Dynameshed the whole thing so I could have a consistent polycount on all the parts (easier for the eye aswell). Must say, with dynamesh and decimation master available, there are no limits :slight_smile:

More pics coming :slight_smile:

more coming :slight_smile:
Skeleton7_anatomypunk.jpeg
Muscles1_anatomypunk.jpeg
Muscles2_anatomypunk.jpeg
Muscles3_anatomypunk.jpeg
Muscles4_anatomypunk.jpeg
Muscles5_anatomypunk.jpeg

Attachments

Skeleton7_anatomypunk.jpeg

Muscles1_anatomypunk.jpeg

Muscles2_anatomypunk.jpeg

Muscles3_anatomypunk.jpeg

Muscles4_anatomypunk.jpeg

Muscles5_anatomypunk.jpeg

More skeleton and muscle!
Muscles10_anatomypunk.jpeg
Muscles6_anatomypunk.jpeg
Muscles11_anatomypunk.jpeg
Muscles7_anatomypunk.jpeg
Muscles12_anatomypunk.jpeg
Muscles8_anatomypunk.jpeg

Attachments

Muscles6_anatomypunk.jpeg

Muscles7_anatomypunk.jpeg

Muscles8_anatomypunk.jpeg

Last one with Ecorche :slight_smile:
Muscles15_anatomypunk.jpeg
Muscles16_anatomypunk.jpeg
Muscles13_anatomypunk.jpeg
Muscles14_anatomypunk.jpeg

Attachments

Muscles15_anatomypunk.jpeg

Muscles16_anatomypunk.jpeg

Here is a project which is closely related to the Ecorché above. I designed the figures inside out with the help of the ecorché, to make sure that the structure works. Since the ecorché has a very light geometry and organized polygroups, it becomes very easy to jump between skeletal structure and outer layer skin when designing the figure. In a way it is very similar to how we constructed life size figures in clay at Florence Academy.

The purpose of creating figures like these is to design something that looks visually interesting (the silhouette of the figure becomes very important, rather than internal information) . They are later brought into other projects where they are turned into characters. So see them as neutral actors :slight_smile:
MaleDescendant1_spin_Anatomypunk.jpeg
MaleDescendant1_xray_Anatomypunk.jpeg
FemaleDescendant1_spin_Anatomypunk.jpeg
FemaleDescendant1_xray_Anatomypunk.jpeg

Attachments

MaleDescendant1_spin_Anatomypunk.jpeg

MaleDescendant1_xray_Anatomypunk.jpeg

FemaleDescendant1_spin_Anatomypunk.jpeg

FemaleDescendant1_xray_Anatomypunk.jpeg

Here is a project where I took the “actors” previously posted and turned them into characters in a scene. Again, lots of geometry is reused (arms, feet, toes - cut/paste/dynamesh!)

Assembly view 1_Anatomypunk.jpeg
Assembly view 2_Anatomypunk.jpeg
Assembly view 3_Anatomypunk.jpeg
Assembly view 4_Anatomypunk.jpeg
Assembly view 5_Anatomypunk.jpeg
Assembly view 6_Anatomypunk.jpeg

Attachments

Assembly view 5_Anatomypunk.jpeg

Assembly view 6_Anatomypunk.jpeg

Last one, promise !

Assembly view 7_Anatomypunk.jpeg

Attachments

Assembly view 7_Anatomypunk.jpeg

This work is stunning. And so important for everyone to see. Just masterful.
Can’t wait to see more!

crazy work! :+1:
I think the legs are a little bit too short on all of them… (maybe it was intended)
Cheers,
Selwy

top row work for me! Keep on posting !

fantastic work. i bookmarked your site… gonna keep an eye on this for sure.

-r

Awesome! Great job :+1: congrats!

one of the most awesome work I have seen for a while :smiley:

Cool work.

Thank you :slight_smile: Coming from you means alot! Your portrait work is a big inspiration to me.

Alexander

Thank you selwy!

Your comment about the legs are valuable to me, thank you.

Alexander

Thank you LVXIFER, I appreciate it! I checked your gallery, you some amazing work in there. Love the mechanical stuff.

Alexander

Thank you Rasmus, I appreciate it :slight_smile:

Alexander