Senior Member Follow User Gallery

monstermaker: Mr Baker, thank you very much for your kind comment, made my day once again. Makes me very happy that people find it useful, it really makes all the work worth it. Especially when coming from someone who know so much about anatomy. Thank you very very much

From this morning

Thanks for visiting!
    Alexander

I really like how his scapula could take the place of the front of his mandible in a silhouette view. Interesting pose I like it, and the model of course. I would like to know how you posed him? His appendages/extremities can be moved with the transpose tool, but for his spine/torso and head did you use the transpose master plugin? I am curious since I will want to pose a skeletal model at some point and have it rotated and moved but not look deformed/stretched in the process.

Any tips on the process you used for posing it all are appreciated. Thank you

Hi Daniel!

I'm glad you like the pose
    The setup is similar to this video:

The video is over a year old so my setup is slightly different, but basically the same. When I pose the skeleton I have all the muscles of the torso hidden, but they are there. Imo, the trick is to be flexible with your polygroups rather than subtools. I keep as few subtools as possible but within each subtool I rearrange the polygroups a lot depending on the project. So to answer to your question, no transpose master Just good old standard tools.

One thing that I find extremely useful is to have subdivision levels on each subtool. I only pose lowres skeleton, and when everything is in place I bumb up the resolution to be more specific (for example, I need higher res for adjustments of the articular facets of the vertebraes).

Here is a video from last year (again, old model and setup, but it gives you an idea) on how I modify the anatomy with the écorché:

l hope it helps!

Thank you for the explanation/video to the workflow. I also like your video on vimeo with the guy sitting on the large vertebrae and the skeleton grabbing his arm.

I just went back to check your earlier posts and saw that someone else had the same question. Sorry you had to answer the same question twice but thank you for being polite about it. I had no idea someone else had asked the question.

Daniel: No problem Daniel And I'm glad you saw and liked the guy sitting on the vertebrae It was a fun project. It was before I got used to polygrouping = big headache!

Your project looks very good, I am looking at every update you make

New Member Follow User Gallery

Beautiful to see all the work you have put into this, seeing that someone has walked so much further on the path I'm trying to betread is really inspiring! And the app looks great, love the sliced examples, looking really delicious!

Hi Zachris,

Nice to see you in this thread I don't know about "walked further", the more I learn the more I feel that I need to know. I sort of miss the feeling from kindergarten when I managed to draw a portrait of Donald Duck and thought to myself that I perfected Art

Thank you for the kind words about the app I really appreciate it And I'm glad you liked the slices, they cost me a lot of headache

Alexander

I was going to ask you about your slices later but since it is up in discussion did you use the slice curve and then divide the new cut polygroup and use the flatten brush?
    It would be awesome to have an auto boolean that updates as you move it around in zbrush and then be able to animate that so you can animate the cross sections. I have been wanting a tool like that for sometime to help with illustrations.

Hi Daniel!

For the slices I used (I will use the thigh as an example) the SliceRect-tool to get a clean cut. Then I hid + "Delete hidden" all geometry above the slice-section.
    After that I just used "Fill hole" + some manual correction of the flat slice-geometry. This, of course, only works if the the muscles of the thigh are "correct" in the first place. I used boolean operations on all the thigh muscles against each other before doing the slices.

The really tricky thing is to do this way on tools with many pieces of geometry (like the torso with the tiny backmucles). So it really does take as much time as it looks like

And also, all the slicing was done on the highest subDiv version (I deleted the lower sDiv versions before using the SliceRect). So when doing the slices it is good to press the "Compact memory" button every now and then.

Its is really tricky to do booleans but after trying boolean operations using other 3d softwares I can't really complain

Doing some experiments with multiple figures Thank you for watching!

These doesn't make much sense, but they were fun making Soundtrack for the images: The Doors - Alabama Song

Very funny poses.

Daniel: Thank you

More experimentation with ecorches. Just discovered how amazing the Spiral-brush is! (with this tool I can twist all the back muscles at the same time in less than a second )

So I have to have a apple computer or I pad to view this app....................>? why most people have pc

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast