ZBrushCentral

Rodrigo Gonçalves - Works

Hi everyone. Here are some studies that I did recently with Zbrush.

Bob Bump
Low-poly model for games. More info here.

Cartoon studies

Attachments

bob_lowpoly.jpg

cartoon_breakdown.jpg

cartoon_highpoly.jpg

cartoon_lowpoly.jpg

bob_lowpoly2.jpg

wip_kung.jpg

Thor Tornado
Modeled, painted and rendered in Zbrush. Composition in Photoshop. More info here.
thor_tornado_high.jpg

Gotenks: Dragon Ball Z: fan art challenge.
Modeled, painted and rendered in Zbrush. Composition in Photoshop. Also, I created some base meshes with 3DSMax and re-topology in TopoGun. More info here.
gotenks.jpg

Ogre Soldier
Studies about low-poly model for games. Based on the concept art of Vicente Valentine. More info here.

Guru
Modeled and rendered in Zbrush, post-production in Photoshop. Based on the concept art of Renan Nuche. More info here.

162_max.jpg

poses_low3.jpg
513_max.jpg
891_max.jpg
176_max.jpg

Attachments

962_max.jpg

no replies on this great work WTF ! has happened to this forum ??? wish i had time to reply to every post - these are cool and very well done !!:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

GREAT! I love them all. thanks for the breakdown on the guru. the colors on the boxer are great.

Thanks Gary and Skinnybonez for the comments! I’m glad you liked it!

Great post Rodrigo. Love the Guru. Your process breakdown is an added treat.

Thanks Boozy! I’m glad that you have enjoyed the breakdown images.

Hi everyone. This is my latest project, a Fan Art of Shadow Moon. More info here

165_max.jpg

render_clay2_low2.jpg

breakdown_highpoly_part1.jpg
breakdown_highpoly_part2.jpg
breakdown_highpoly_part3.jpg

Attachments

831_max.jpg

very cool! I sometimes have a tough time isolating polygons to create polygroups to crease them ,any tips ?

Thanks Brian! I know that feeling about isolating polygons.

See if this helps:

To see the two sides of the polygon I turn on the “double” in display properties. Selected the subtool and go to the panel “Tool > Display Properties”, turn on the “Double” button.
That should help get better visualisation of polygons in both sides for selecting. After, I just let showing the polygons that I want to apply a crease to it and
press the “Crease” button as show in the image. At this point, I like to apply to it a polygroup to be easier to select other parts later on.

Now I did this project with 4R4. If you have 4R5 or above we can create crease by polygroups. So If you already have PolyGroups just press the “Crease PG”, like in this image:
crease_edges.jpg

Or if you use Maya, you can create Crease in Maya and import to Zbrush with GoZ. Like this video:
http://vimeo.com/13115604

Hope this help.

Wow thanks for taking the time to put this demo and description together, it should really help and again great stuff!!

Thanks Brian! I’m glad that you liked it!
Cheers!

Nice designs and Mini-Tutorials!

Great works and thanks for sharing your breakdowns :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Thanks Sadicus and 4Z4R for the comments!

Hi everyone, this is an update about a Fan Art of Shadow Moon.
Real-time images rendered in Marmoset. More info here.

very nice! You’ve got him very perfect.

Thanks SolidSnake, I’m really glad you liked it! Cheers.