ZBrushCentral

Holdeen's Max - Real Time

Hello everybody.

There’s a time I follow the work of Dean Holdeen and I always wanted to do it some character.

When I saw the concept of Max was very excited and felt motivated enough mainly by the shield.

Altogether there were 6 months of work in my spare time, the actual time is 2 months.

I did a base in maya and the details in zbrush and photoshop for textures.

I did the rigging and animation in maya and a small presentation in real time using Unity.

Who wants to see the model in real time can see here: Unity Web Player | MaxUnityPlayer

Video presentation:

Holdeen… Thanks for allowing me to post this work. Original concept here.

Hope you enjoy!

1 - beauty.jpg

Attachments

2 Likes

In my opinion one of the best designs and renders on this site :slight_smile: WOOOW !!!
The shield is a amazing !

Thanks a lot Mario-ZB
9 - render_zbrush2.jpg
10 - torax.jpg
12 - helmet.jpg
13 - legs.jpg
14 - backlegs.jpg
5 - wire.jpg

Attachments

9 - render_zbrush2.jpg

5 - wire.jpg

Whoa man, you nailed the concept! Great sculpting, love the damage and general look of the metal, you have the ability to render metal rather well within ZBrush. Much props, really looking forward to future stuff. :+1:

Really cool work and presentation, congrats! Did you do the retopo in ZBrush?

Oh…
Beautiful!

Very interresting video !!!

pretty neat model and texture,beautiful works on metal details

Absolutely mind blowing! Please make a shield tutorial someday.

Great job, I followed with interest its development on facebook :slight_smile:

You perfectly nailed the concept, and the realtime presentation is also a nice touch!

I’m interested in the workflow used for sculpting the helm and shield decorations: can you post a small breakdown about it?

Thanks!

Amazing all the workflow! Neat job!:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

That character is awesome. The shield is amazing; it looks like it has a Darksiders feel to it which I like.

Amazing work and very well done, loved every detail. Congrats!

awesome

Hi Gilberto, your works is truly awesome, I really love it.:confused:
I see your clay render look amazing, can you share the setting of clay material? I have something to show and looking for awesome clay material like this. Many thanks!:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

I, too, would really love to see any tips you have on how you achieved such an amazing looking beaten metal everywhere on this model. The back of the shield is particularly amazing, but the armor plates all over his body are just fantastic. I rarely post on ZBC and I had to reset my password just to even sign in. :smiley: The way you’ve sculpted the details on the texturing is the best I’ve probably ever seen. So if you’re willing to share some hints on what brushes you use or techniques you use or whatever I’m sure everyone would benefit from learning. Thanks for sharing!

Amazing!!!
This is one concept from my “to do” folder…now i have to take it out since i surely can’t beat ur model.
Really nice model dude. Congratz

Great and neat work… keep going:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

nice character!

Stunning work mate! Just wonderful!

Brilliant! love the design and detail. every thing! built for purpose!