Senior Member Follow
    User Gallery

Default Queen Of Her Castle

Queen Of Her Castle - albeit one made of sand.
    Created and rendered in ZBrush.

Yours etc,
    The Flooze
    ......Nobody tries to be lah-di-dah or uppity--There's a cup-o'-tea for all.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

I can picture this image for something like a Radiohead album cover. Generates this mood I think we all can feel sometimes.

So sad.
    Maybe you'll find something to cheer her up again?

Senior Member Follow
    User Gallery

This is not sadness my friends, this is a "dwam".

On a Summer beach in Scotland the sudden onset of inclement weather or an enfolding cold mist may induce in Scotland what we call a "dwam". a kind of strange inverted reverie , a poetic ennui , a bilocation to abstracted planes of consciousness , a drifting melancholia , neither happy nor sad , where the light is peculiar. In that sense Radiohead is most apt.

A "'dwam" is a universal feeling . It could also be experienced as a haunting remembrance of a previous universal unity prior to your present life's vessel of consciousness , a sense of separation from love or home. You hear it in American folk and roots music and all across the world in every culture. In Portugal and Brazil the equivalent is Saudade.

When adulthood reaches dwams and drams may form binding relationships as well as fondness for listening to Patsy Cline, Hank Williams or Roy Orbison records amongst a few.

The picture is a mood piece from my childhood, , a time when Summer holidays were spent exploring the isolated beaches of The Moray Firth, a time when summer beach wear was a heavy sweater knitted by your Grandmother that felt like thistles were weaved in to the wool, a time when children where expected to be "out" to return only for food and punishment. A time when you could be surrounded by mists with only a heron for company, a time when children rode bicycles off harbor walls in to the slurry and diesel of the fishing boats return , a time when children freely urinated on each other to alleviate jelly fish stings and by worsening matters, enjoy the camaraderie of ceremonial humiliation amongst friends.

i pretty picture lovely poem:

Thank you so much for your explanations.
    I enjoyed your journey back in time.
    I have been at Moray Firth, or what internet shows me how it could have looked like.
    It must have been a dream to play there as a child, a cold but adventures dream.
    I felt with you those thistles those inhuman sweaters were punishing us.
    I went back in time, riding my bonanza bicycle.
    When it was most honourable to brake latest as possible before hitting the wall.
    Finally, after half an hour or two, braking too late for sure. Without helmet for sure.
    And I remembered these moments one not always love to remember.
    You described it perfectly as "enjoy the camaraderie of ceremonial humiliation amongst friends."

Now, while I am listening to Patsy Cline (which is a kind of challenge though, so I entered "Saudade" and ended here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0CBzKfvA80 ) I think I get a good idea of this melancholic nostalgia feeling, this dwam.

A lot of talents can be seen here on ZBC. A beauty in craftsmanship.

But no where else on ZBC a thread visit is gifted with this kind of wonderful story telling art.
    An art which deserved to be displayed between other great artists.
    I just wish, my limited English would allow me to answer in a bit more elegant, more suitable way.

Thank you very much for this little journey................hmmm, but how to get out of this "dwam" again?

Red face Hello Booozzzzyyy!

Seems I have missed some years of your return at ZBC!
    So some images to decipher with delectation!
    Have fun sculpting painting with your special hidden poetry!
    Pilou your unreserved first fan!

PS If you have a PC take a look to this free Verve by my friend Taron!
    So you will ready for the next version totally remade that will be a firework for painters!
    Is beautiful that please without concept! ( Me and maybe also E Kant)
    Pilou's Galerie Pilou's Tips Tuts Page
    Cameyo's ZPlace Art Surfing Albums
    Dedicaces Perpetual Challenges
    French Pixologic Site

Thanks. I just had a dwam of frozen bare-feet mud boots with gravel soles and wind-chilled pine resin.

Senior Member Follow
    User Gallery

PFC666 - thank you and I trust you are brewing something special in your creative cauldron at this very moment.

Knacki - such a smile your reply imparts
    "to brake latest as possible before hitting the wall: I had quite forgotten about that one :-)
    Yes you have to in the right mood for Patsy. Whiskey helps.

Pilou - Hello Pilouuuuuuuu! :-)
    Your support and encouragement always uplifting.
    I keep still your inventive recipes from way back.
    Your ideas and energy unbounded.

Taron's fabulous invention I sadly cannot run it on a mac, which is a great shame.
    Are there plans for the mac? Send him my best he's such a fine guy indeed.
    That a tornado and a whirlwind should become good friends is as it should be.
    An veritable explosion in an astral paint shop no less.

Bonecradle - yes that's a dwam alright. Lovely to see you.
    I miss your postings. Now missing your posting is making me go in to a dwam.
    It's a loop I tell you.

Would that I could send an angel to brush the gravel from your piney paws.

Frozen bare feet and wind chilled pine resin:-)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgpHfQpYxl4

Here we go loop de loop and it's only Friday. Now I'm all a-dwaming 'bout my ol' zippy zither, it of the rusty strings (I didn't have the backing dog). Like a bolus of nostalgia in the changing seasons. But then it is Dwamumn in this neck of the woods and Dwing up thereabouts. May you always get your bike out of the slurry for one more plunge.

Awww, Boozy, that's such a cool and fun style! I love it!
    Depending on the specs of your mac and its "youth", you could always go bootcamp, which is the most reliable way to run Verve on a mac, but there is at least one other solution to properly run win7 or 8.1 on a mac and have Verve go with it.
    I keep saying that by the time I finally have organized a way to receive funding for it, I'll go for a mac version, too. It remains part of the plan for sure, but there's no telling when this will happen.

Anyway, thanks for the comment and fantastic piece that Queen!

Senior Member Follow
    User Gallery

Default Loch Be A Lady Tonight

Dear Boney I like the cut of your jib. I trust your feet are warmer? Dear Taron, how lovely to see you and thank you .Bootcamp and verve - this is witchcraft beyond me I fear. I need a geek pal for hand holding. A mac version development - sounds like a future job for crowd funding. The work you're doing is stunning and imparted with joy . I tip my hat as always.

My latest piece "Loch Be A Lady Tonight".
    It's becoming a weekly occurrence this coming home to ZBrush :-)

Lot's of uv texturing then transferring textures back to polypaint for painterly tickles as well as using masked mesh extractions as the basis to build out the landscape topology to view. Using 3d planes set to transparency so I could judge the curve relationships of the landscape elements was a great time saver when designing the piece to keep the spirit of the original sketch. Locking down the saved view in zapplink early as a constant reference guide as well as having my sketch in spotlight upfront to guide me made the process far more enjoyable.

Outside the set and out of camera - everything is held together with Duck Tape, myself included.

Yours etc,

The Flooze

I love this.

Your illustrations are outstanding. Great job!

Within the turmoil of the Cosmos I stumble upon a random dream...
    And find within, the nostalgia of that which can never, but will always be.
    A melancholic evocation...

A springtime thrives within autumn wall
    Before winter attends to its evening call

In a past the present brings
    I lament long lost things.

So abstract, yet deeper than the pond you paint. Your Universe of dreams unparallelled.
    Thank you.

Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 789101112131934 ... LastLast