Senior Member Follow
    User Gallery

Default Live Boolean Tutorial Series

I got a brand new tutorial series for you guys! And is now live at the #ZBGs
    It’s all about the Boolean System in 4R8 right now, so this series of 10 HD videos introduces the concept of boolean and explores possible workflows with a practical example, as we take on the project of a Sci-fi Switch from start to finish. Resources included too

Please share this with anyone that you think might benefit from this short free course, hope you find it useful!

Senior Member Follow
    User Gallery

Thumbs up

Thanks for your time and effort, much appreciated. Your site is part of my favorite RSS / ATOM feeds.
    metinseven.com — designer • illustrator • pixel artist • visualizer • 3D (print) modeler

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Thanks mate for another great source of knowledge I will watch it with pleasure and I really much appreciate your efforts to make ZB community a better place

Member Follow User Gallery

Default Thanks a lot!!

This looks very interesting, Pablo. I have to spare some time to watch them!
    "Everyone is born a genius, but the process of living de-geniuses them" (R. Buckminster Fuller)

Thank you for visiting
    my site!!

Thank you Pablo.
    And thanks also for all the rest you did and brought to the community. You are one of ZBrush's bright stars.

One thing, a detail: I would love to download these so I can watch them when I am not connected to the Internet. I would not mind to pay something for them if I could, say, download them from gumroad, just like your fantastic rock brushes.
    Keep these tutorials on your site for free, and offer them for download on gumroad. This does not change anything for what you do right now.

Of course it's up to you to decide.

Awesome work!! Thanks for sharing!

Thank's for your effort.
    Only one question:what about the process part to obtein UV?( iwould be able to paint UV in substance painter)
    Did you use retopologize the mesh after boolean?
    I tend to use Dynamesh and then zremesher, but sometimes loss the detail and hard edge......
    Some tips?
    Bye
    Leo

New Member Follow User Gallery

I second that question. How do you create production (game) ready assets from these booleans?
    Clean topology, clean UVs. Any shortcuts or fast lanes you take on this route?

Or is it plain old manual labor - which means doing the lowpoly asset from scratch with no such aid as one would get from using the proven sub-d-modeling workflow (start with a medium-poly blockout, develop the high-poly and the low-poly from it).

Edit: btw. I cannot buy your Advanced Zbrush Brushes - there's an error with paypal blocking the process. I wanted to leave you a little something for these great tutorials.

Senior Member Follow
    User Gallery

I just realised the series made it to the TOP ROW! Thank you so much for the feedback guys and for sharing this!

@MetinSeven You're very welcome! I'm really glad you enjoy all the updates

@nebular My pleasure, thank you for the kind words.

@Marzalet Awesome! let me know how you go.

@Erik Heyninck Thanks for the kind works mate! and thank you for the suggestion, much appreciated! I did have something similar in mind but I took your suggestion and merged it with my original idea. Now you can download all the HD videos for $5 bucks, but I also added a 'Digital Mystery Box' with some additional content with the download, for those willing to 'risk it' hahaha:

@nickz Thanks Nick, it means a lot. Glad you like it

@marciani @MarcSper you're welcome! To make UVs, I think you can't beat the manual retopology workflow, but there are some interesting workarounds to produce UVs. You can, for instance, make use of the polygroups generated at the time of making the boolean mesh and use the Frame mesh option (under stroke palette) to create curves around the edges and then use those curves as guides for the ZRemesher. You can also separate the resulting boolean mesh into parts based on the polygroups and use the UV master to handle them separately (the downside is that you end up with multiple maps for a single object). I hope this helps.

@MarcSper It might be something to do with your browser, could you try perhaps a different one? I'm setting up a Gumroad and Cubebrush account to give people other options in case the current one fails, I'll let you know when they are up in those sites. cheers!

Thanks you, Pablo. And an extra merits an extra.

And... let's not spoil the fun and keep the content of that digital mystery box a secret.
    Let's just say that this alone is worth those $5.

thanks!

Senior Member Follow
    User Gallery

Default The Artist's Guide to the Anatomy of the human head

Hey guys, I just wanted to share with you some of the work I did for the Stylisation Chapter on the 3D total book: The Artist's Guide to the Anatomy of the Human Head

I use ZBrush to produce 7 expressions and wrote about some tips to portrait human emotion over 14 heads (7 male heads and 7 female heads)... It was a very cool and refreshing project to work on. I'm going to leave a couple of my favourites here... but if you want to check the full selection, I made a dedicated page on the ZBGs HERE

Hope you guys like them!

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 142935363738