ZBrushCentral

Transpose Master vertex count mismatch

Well, I try to put my model in to Transpose master and pose it but when I send the posed version back to move the colored subtools, it says vertex mismatch, subtool skipped, this is really annoying, and the kicker is that it works fine with other subtools and it worked fine with this one till I added some fiber mesh hair to it.

Same thing with “vertex count mismatch” in 4R5 for me, but the model I did in 4R4. So I switched back to 4R4 version and transpose master works without errors. It’s not a solution, but could help.

I have been having issue with transpose.(it keeps going back to the default polymesh 3d when I try to transfer the pose instead of my model) I just use 4r5 . 4r6 file can be opened in it . so ive been doing that

See the information on this page, especally the tips at the bottom:
http://docs.pixologic.com/user-guide/zbrush-plugins/transpose-master/

hey marcus thanks for the reply. but its still doing it ive tried on multiple models always with the same results(except for the default z brush models) I ve renamed everything( making sure theres no special charactrers) making sure everything is visble and unmasked. im stuck

acutally I just took the transpose zsc. file from 4r5 and replaced my 4r6 one and it worked fine.

That’s OK but it may cause problems when updating. You also won’t be able to work with the pose in a new ZBrush session unless you save the project through the Transpose Master sub-palette.

Did you try loading the model into a clean project as suggested in the docs? In my experience, that solves the issue.

yes I did and I tried it with the basic primitives. which it worked fine for. but any of my models. the script just brings the transfer back to the sphere 3d and says vertex count mismatched.

It would be useful to have one of your models to test, so that I can try to resolve the problem. I’ll PM you.

Worked for me! Fixed the mismatch error

The below tips basically means select the top subtool (see fig ‘A’) selected before entering the tranpose plugin. Also have all subtools named differently. If the below fails try multi appending your ZTL file into a new project from the subtool plugin (see fig ‘B’).
ref.jpg

Tips Occasionally Transpose Master will produce an error by selecting the wrong model when trying to transfer the pose. This can happen when the project includes some of the parts that make up the model as well as the model itself. To avoid this it is good practice to start with a new project:

1. Select the model (with subtools) you wish to pose and save it as a ZTL by pressing Tool:Save As.
  2. Create a clean project by loading the DefaultCube.ZPR project from Lightbox > Project tab.
  3. Load the ZTL you saved at (1) by pressing the Tool>Load Tool button.
  4. Use Transpose Master to pose your model.

Be sure to save the project (ZPR) file so that the Transpose Master data is stored with your model and you can continue posing during a new ZBrush session.

Source: http://docs.pixologic.com/user-guide/zbrush-plugins/transpose-master/

1 Like