ZBrushCentral

SIGGRAPH Dailies - C O S M I C F L O W E R U N F O L D I N G

At SIGGRAPH 2013 I am going to be giving a presentation on how I created my latest film “Cosmic Flower Unfolding”. It was created using a combination of ZBrush, Maya, and After Effects. Mostly ZBrush for sculpting, animating, and rendering. I felt that using ZBrush was absolutely essential in order to achieve the look I was looking for. Rendering highly detailed objects changing shape in a traditional 3D program would have taken many hours versus a few minutes in ZBrush.

[vv]64684338[/vv]

I hope you enjoy the trailer. SIGGRAPH will be the world premiere! :smiley:

Cosmic Flower Unfolding is a constant flow of emerging and dissolving oceanic, futuristic, and mandala forms. It is a tribute to abstraction, its connection to the inner space we inhabit and how it can be externalized.

Here are some screenshots-

Attachments

This looks absolutely fantastic!!
Regards,
Selwy

Groovy! :smiley:

its Crazy! I would have looked for two hours:):smiley:

:cool: Nice one again.

Wonderful cool! and yet such a marvels Universe occupaid by strange organic sharps :slight_smile:

Fantastic, you are one of my fave artist here and source of inspiration since Ad Infinitum :+1: spectacular and original.

Awesome Love it!!!

Thanks for all of the comments and encouragement!! I really appreciate it :+1:

really really cool!! wanna see making of :Q

Would love to see a making-of too! Very nice!

I’m working on the making of video right now :slight_smile:
My plan is to make a video version of the presentation with a voiceover explaining my process. I will post that as soon as it’s ready.

Here’s a closeup of one of the flower pieces-
Ben_Ridgway_Cosmic_Flower_piece_web.jpg

cant wait :+1:small_orange_diamond:laughing:

i loved the first, ad infintum, so much, i am looking forwar a lot to see this making of. fantastic work again!

Very nice…reminds a bit of the DMT scene from Enter The Void.

Wow, i have no idea how you do them with Zbrush O.o

This is so refreshing! Top Row Freshness!

Can’t wait to see your breakdown:)looks awesome!!

As promised, I made a video voice over presentation on how I created “Cosmic Flower Unfolding”
I will doing this same talk at SIGGRAPH later this month! :smiley:
Enjoy! Thank you Pixologic for making such an amazing, versatile artist tool.

<iframe src=“http://player.vimeo.com/video/70371614” width=“900” height=“600” frameborder=“0” webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Here’s a link to the trailer if you’re interested-
<iframe src=“http://player.vimeo.com/video/64684338” width=“900” height=“600” frameborder=“0” webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

kongni : when is your presentation? Perhaps someone of the Pixologic Team will come to see your presentation :slight_smile:
And thank you for the making of! It will be shared on our social medias today or tomorrow!