ZBrushCentral

Sculpt-o-book | 3D Printing

Hi!

Well, it’s time to (re)start a new sculptbook which will include more and more ZBrush sculpts, but also technics experiments.

I’m currently working on my free time on a model which will be 3D printed. Then I’m creating the model with the whole process in mind and with some final optimization to improve the size without increasing the price (mainly cutting different parts).

For the process, I started from ZSpheres, switched to ZSketch to put the main shape then switched to DynaMesh before asking QRemesher to do the new topology.

All critics and comments are welcome!

Attachments

alistaile_07b.jpg

alistaile_07.jpg

Good stuff! :+1:

Thank you Marcus :slight_smile:

This is a new update of the model. I started to work more on the details and the goal is to have it printed. I hope that the small holes will be fine.
I still have a lot of details and props to add but now it should be quick with some good panels loops :slight_smile:

alistaile_08.jpg

I’m finding that body very sexy! Long everything :stuck_out_tongue:
Digging the costume too, very nice detailing :slight_smile:

Looking good! love the overall shape of her long limbed-ness! :smiley: the only thing that sort of stands out to me as a little out of place, is how she has all those sharp angles around her eyebrow for instance and then her nose is super round and bubbly, I think perhaps a few sharper plane changes on the nose might suit her well. but hats just my input. overall she’s great! :slight_smile:

I quite like the proportion you are going for.

Icebox64: thanks :slight_smile:
SammehSAMURAI : yes, you are right and I want it sharp. It’s just that I didn’t spent a lot of time (yet!) on the face, but I’ll do it later today.
SolidSnakexxx: well, I refined them a lot. Between my concepts and the model, I found that it wasn’t working like I expected. But i’ll keep the long arms even if I think that they are sligtly too long. Hands need some rework.

I’ll post an update later today with some closeup.

Here is the finished model. It’s not polished as much as I wanted, but my deadline was today, then no choice. The weapon definitely need more love (well, in a way) :slight_smile:

I splited the model in 3 different parts to reduce the cost of the 3D print like visible, then I converted all the mains parts as a DynaMesh at the end of the process to do my inserts. Of course, I decimated everything with Decimation Master before exporting with 3D Print Exporter.

I’ll post some photos of the print during the Siggraph, if everything is fine, it should be visible on the Sculpteo booth.

Thats the ticket! she turned out great! :smiley:

Looks great! Looking forward to seeing the print…

SammehSAMURAI: thanks :slight_smile:
Marcus: me too!!

A co worker and me bought just before the Siggraph a Form1 3D printer, which is a HD one. The quality is really fantastic and of course, it’s a perfect association with ZBrush :slight_smile:

This is a photo of a model based on the one which is in the previous post. It has been printed in 0.025mm of resolution and is 17cm height. Of course, the legs are missing :wink: The final size will be a little bit more than 30 cms! You can see on the left the 3D print and on the right, the ZBrush screenshot.

form1_zbrush_qualite.jpg

I also did a timelapse style video showing the sculpting and then, the 3D printing process. It ends with all the steps needed for the finishing of the 3D print

[youtubehd]W3KPDGnZ5LU[/youtubehd]

And the ZMan of course. Just printed in 0.1mm of resolution and with some painting on it.

zman_1.jpg

I’ll post later more photos of various prints and I’ll publish soon in English my review of the printer (I already did it in french…)

Nice model, AMAZING 3D printer. It’s cool how it does not leave the typical ‘lines’ associated with other 3D printers. Sweeet!

is print straight from the printer? the one in front of the can?

Amazing. I’m saving up for one of these, Almost there now. Thanks for posting the video.

Sweeeet! Can I ask how you managed to buy a Form1? Thought they weren’t shipping before January 2014? Would LOVE to get one!

Awesome results. I allways thought that machine couldn´t print such fine details. Can print hollowed pieces?

@ pabgo : no, it has been sanded on some areas, mainly where the support were connected. But not so much.

@ LeoAMD: save a little bit more. You need to buy some extra stuff like the IPA alcohol, sanding paper, painting… and the resin and its resin tank that you need to replace on a regularly basis.

@ seanforsyth: They already shipped more than 700 printers. New orders are scheduled for January :slight_smile:

@ ][-][4Z4R][)) : I think the Form1 and the B9Creator are the two only printers which have such quality. It’s very far from the extrusion printers. You can print hollowed pieces as soon as you have an opening to leave the un-solidified resin going away. In the photo above, one of the model has been hollowed to avoid spending too much money in resin.

@ Dragon: the print have visible layers, but not so much visible. bellow is a non sanded version of some test prints. For the black version, take care, it’s a shiny black paint and the light doesn’t deserve the quality. But when you have that in your hand, it’s really great :slight_smile:

layers.jpg

Very impressive! Lots of extra fine detail there.