ZBrushCentral

Mariana Gorbea's Sketchbook

This is my first time posting, these sculpts are mostly for practice and fun, since I don’t know many people who use Zbrush I’m hoping to get some feedback, thanks in advance!
The first one is from the concept art by Mark Gibbons for Diablo III and the fifth one is from a concept by Arnaud Valette.

witch doctor2.jpg

old_man_by_mgorbea-d62vejd.jpg

dragon22.jpg

trinity_by_mgorbea-d5su1gd.jpg

knight.jpg

2face.jpg

Attachments

witch doctor2.jpg

dragon22.jpg

knight.jpg

Some more stuff…
michonne.jpg

tattoo.jpg

hug.jpg

samo_vistas.jpg

spider.jpg

This is from one of my favorite artists, Andrew Gonzalez, every one of his paintings makes me want to sculpt them.

us2.jpg

Attachments

samo_vistas.jpg

spider.jpg

Great work.

Wow! Where have you been hiding?! Really fine work. Welcome to the forum.

Beautiful!

[This is from one of my favorite artists, Andrew Gonzalez, every one of his paintings makes me want to sculpt them] ME TOO, you have done a great job!

Outstandong work! great sculpting skills, all pieces has very nice likeness and aesthetic feeling :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

amazing sketchbook! Outstanding art in here. keep it up. looking forward to see more

Wow! What an eclectic collection of amazing work. Welcome to ZBC! :smiley:

Cheers, David

top !! nice

Cool stuff,I especially like that crazy back thing.

Thanks so much for your kind words, I really appreciate them! Here’s a little insight as to how I came about with some of them.

For the old man I started with the default man’s head that comes within Zbrush, all the detail and texture was there and the rendering was done with 3D Max and Vray. I’m planning to make a beard and moustache with Fibermesh since I find it easier to use than the Hair & Fur that comes with Max.

The dragon was created with ZSpheres and I used a lot of different reptile alphas to create the skin texture; everything is done in Zbrush except for the rocks that I did using the Rock Generator plugin for Max and then exported them for detailing.

The girl with the back was my first try with Dynamesh and used it for all the organic pieces, all of them in separate subtools, the “metal like” ones are done in Max since I’m not good at hard surface modeling in Zbrush…yet. :slight_smile:

Almost all of them are 100% done and rendered in Zbrush with different Matcaps and BPR settings except for Michonne where I went back and forth with Max for the basic modeling part. Post was done in PS.

Thanks again for your encouragement!

Another practice sculpt from the cover done by Greg Capullo, who in my opinion makes the creepiest Joker…I wanted to see if I could pull all of it off out of Zbrush and I kinda did except for the rain, that was done in Max, to create the illusion of the spotlight I just put a plane underneath with the spotlight texture.
joker.jpgjoker_s_mask_by_mgorbea-d60fskj.jpg
joker_views_by_mgorbea-d5zdqo8.jpg

Attachments

joker_views_by_mgorbea-d5zdqo8.jpg

Super rad joker wow!

The first one is actually my first paid sculpture that will be printed and sold as a collectible and that’s, well, that’s just awesome. The other ones are for character and anatomy practice, 100% Zbrush. C&C are always welcome!

blood2.jpgmichonne3.jpgq.jpgtyler_durden.jpg

Attachments

blood2.jpg

michonne3.jpg

q.jpg

You got some very cool dynamic poses going on! good work!

u sir ur amazing love the girl with robotic and flowered back and the pic below guy holding the gurl and afcoss the joker luks creepy awsome kudos to ur wrk\m/

i like the feel coming from this model but i think u shuld put a lil more wrk in it and get hose details out to and choose a lil more dynamic angle for ur final shot… meanwhile rock on\m/

Trying the wonders of Micromesh with this one:
flamenco_by_mgorbea-d6912uc.jpg

Practice sculpt based on the concept art of Wrath of the Titans:
Centauro_sheet_web.jpg

From the Pitt & Timmy comic book, concept by the awesome Mike Deodato Jr.
pitt3.jpg

Engineer WIP:
engineer_by_mgorbea-d66bdtb.jpg

Attachments

Centauro_sheet_web.jpg

pitt3.jpg