New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Bernini: Thomas Baker WIP

This is a work in progress for my Zbrush Character Sculpting class.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

doesn't seem so easy to release in particular his decorated cloth, good luck for the project

There is one thing that got my attention regarding his face..
    Review his mouth area. There should be a barrel like shape which if you get right, than you will have the mouth laying down as it should, with the curvature it's supposed to have. At the moment it looks a little flat... it might be the angle but I'm not sure.
    Just check it out.
    Looking foreword to seeing more!
    Visit my blog and website @ http://www.danmihaila.net/blog/

I wonder,
    How these two studies are presented side by side.
    On the Bernini study:
    Very well done, especially the drapery. One of the best on this forum. Stylistic draperies aren't easy to do. I wonder what workaround are you using.
    Clean nice geometrical shapes! Well done.
    I might agree with Yumme on the mouth area but I don't find it really important, easy to fix it.
    Nice rendering too!

I guess I was confused since I assumed that the one on the left is reference for the one on the right....

Doh.. got to sleep...
    Visit my blog and website @ http://www.danmihaila.net/blog/

sorry for any confusion. The left is reference and the right is progress for my first week. Thanks for the critique, I appreciate it.

Default Week 2 progress

This is my progress for week two. I still am working on the hair and blocked in the clothing. This is the first time I've sculpted either of them, so I know it's far from the reference in regards to the hair and I still need to tweak the cloth laying over the anatomy; but all critique is welcomed.

Default Completed

This is my final pass at the project and am happy with all of the techniques for hair and cloth I have learned. I still want to research and work more on the lace material and try and work on it more on my own time, but am happy with my own pattern I used for the final submission for my class. I spent the most part of this week doing the hair 3 different times and discovered that zsperes and zsketch worked the best for me. Thanks for the critique and any ideas as to how to tackle the lace more adequately would be appreciated.

intersting sculpt!. yes, as you said, the hair is quite different, but bernini hair is very difficult to achieve the same look, i had tried this too. my best advise here is, to study what is the essential, how does he do these curls, and the using this information and doing your own hair with the reference only as a guide for the general hair flow... good work, different but very nice.
    my fun with zbrush thread, my homepage riolama, and my zbrush blog