ZBrushCentral

Z-Stuff

Hi people,
time to post some works I made during the last year… some are commissions, some are just tests of new Zbrush features, great fun anyway :smiley:
This is a tribute of a famous illustration of Kazuya Terada, I used a lot dynamesh feature and it was my first attempt with fibers and render filters. I also used Photoshop for compositing and tweaking to find a more “illustrated” look.

other views:

Simple material:

Funny light cap render:

I hope you like it, see you soon with the next one :slight_smile:

Attachments

ClayDevil.jpg

DevilInk.jpg

TeradaDevilMan.jpg

TeradaDevilManViews.jpg

I enjoy! I enjoy!:wink:

Coool :+1:

Awesome

AWESOME dude! love that Devilman! great job!!

Wow! If I saw those with out knowing, I would say their are handpainted.

Very cool.

Thanks guys!
Hard surface time
This one comes from another japanese artist (I don’t know the name), I used his model kit as reference and started to build each piece in Zbrush.
Main features used: Clip curve, Insert mesh, bending modes of the transpose line.
The renders are in Zbrush using 3 mats and lightcap , compositing and tweaks done in Photoshop.

![NEOGEO.jpg|1200x1337](upload://j9XXEfMDiH7LLLFunfXNjUhTvAP.jpeg) ![GeoAllViews.jpg|1200x2001](upload://hlNT7HK77glWhvJPguK9KmkDJjV.jpeg)

This is a more famous one, Gundam from a draw of Kazuhisa Kondo:

![Gundam1.jpg|1200x1015](upload://a8VxH78xIdTXduHBuDvs66mN76v.jpeg) ![GundamAO.jpg|1084x1150](upload://wmMm4vN5U7eNjaLpN8ozj9HQTFr.jpeg)

This time I used some 3D blocks as starting point, Zbrush for refining the shapes and detailing.

![Gund.jpg|629x1024](upload://8dGHKVawCboGAevXxUM4ievP4Yk.jpeg)

I hope you like them, see you soon!

Nice work. Your renders are superb in that they really have a “hand-built” look to them.

Thank you ArtBot!
This one is a game model I made for fun: Voodoo from old good Wild C.a.t.s comics
Modeling and texturing in Zbrush and Photoshop, I used 3dSMax for assembling, baking and skinnig, the renders are in Marmoset Toolbag, polycount 11.900

Cu!

Hi guys,
this one comes from some cool Kill zone concept I found in the net:

KZTViewsVERT.jpg

Marmoset viewport:
[vv]59987278[/vv]

I started all in Zbrush, using new panel loops feature, dynamesh and insert mesh for details:

WZTrooper_PL.jpg

Then I reorganized the character in 4 parts (head, body, backpacks, weapons) and I used retopology to build a clean low poly mesh.

I exported the low poly in max and a decimated version of the sculpt as well for the baking process (I also use to keep separate hi poly meshes with different materials to help masking by colors during texturing)
In the end I have AO, normal maps and a diffuse map made of flat colors ready to be textured

Thanks!

Attachments

WZT_pcountTextures.jpg

Hi guys,
this one comes from an italian comic (Nathan Never) and he is a villain that lost his arm during a fight against the hero :).
I used Zbrush for the organic part, the hair and fabrics, 3dsMax for the arm and keyshot for some renders, then composed in Photoshop.

kal_9.jpg

Cu!

great job man.nice & neat.love his mechanical hand.can’t wait to see your next works;):wink:

Thanks a lot Diablo :slight_smile:

Hi guys,
started as anatomy sketch, I think it can be my little tribute to Giger

I used Zbrush image plane with sym on to quickly explore some ideas:

baba.jpg

more Zbrush renders:

CutView2.jpg

Views.jpg

Mental ray:

SelenaMR.jpg

SelenaMR2.jpg

Cheers

another insanely detailed model.love this one buddy.especially the polypainting. reminds me the Sarah Kerrigan.thanks for sharing your great works man.;):wink:

Thanks Diablo, much appreciated ! :slight_smile:
Another quick sketch, and a video covering dynamesh sculpt and hair placement:

Sigmund.jpg

//youtu.be/PdtRgpNaSQg

great job man.the eyes looks very realistic.waiting for your next awesome works.good luck buddy.:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1::wink:

You did that art and the music?

Wow, you are very talented. Love both.

:+1:

Hey! Thanks Diablo, EricShawn!
Yes I did the music ^^, some old cubase sessions I recorded years ago :slight_smile: Thanks a lot!

Hi guys, i’d like to show you my last work:

I was inspired by the polycount “Riot Game contest” so I did a cinematic character trying to match the original Syndra concept:

syndra_the_dark_sovereign_official_concept_art_by_zeronis-d5etunw.jpg

It was fun and I’m currently working on a new concept of the same character following the official rules.
I used 3DsMax a lot to build a clean topology, Zbrush was the key for all the modeling and texturing of the skin, I made all the starting topo of the clothes using retopology:

Mof_2.jpg

I used Substance Painter to create dirt masks for blend materials in Vray, post production in Photoshop.

Wallpaper:

A big thanks to the great Alessandro Baldasseroni for inspiration and help :large_orange_diamond:!
I will post the progress on the new design soon…
Cu!

Attachments