ZBrushCentral

Monkey Island Pirate - Cleyton_JS

hello guys, I made this character for a modeling contest and then I decided texturing and shading it, the character is based on a concept of Carlos Huante, hope you enjoy!

I used dynamesh to make this character, retopo in 3dsmax.

HI RES:

http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/8108/monkeyislandpirate.jpg

clay renders of model:

Attachments

001.jpg

final_image_02.jpg

final_image_low.jpg

Monkey Island Pirate_low.jpg

Monkey Island Pirate_low2.jpg

Monkey Island Pirate_low2.jpg

Very nice character and pretty cool render. VRay ?

On a constructive note : While the facials hair are quite convincing… the armpits one feel way too thick. Also, the scarf resting on his shoulder feels like sculpted clay, not like cloth. But those are minor details, the overall look is really great.

J.

Wow! This looks awesome!
Totally looks like hes by the sea.

jkemp: hi, yes is Vray with SSS2, thank you for the comments, I really appreciate it.

bfgnz: many thanks

some of the passes and maps:
process.jpg

Attachments

Z2.jpg

Z3.jpg

Z1.jpg

Z4.jpg

another lights setup closeup:

pirate_det_02.jpg

I really adore what you have done here! Model and render are great. I think it’s the eye that is a bit distracting, and not enough focus on it. I usually put a bit of the red near the lids and make it less white and a bit more yellow for that effect.

hi cherub_rock, Thank you, I believe that the image of the beach got a god result with the eye, in cluseup image really was not very good, eyes are really a hard thing to do, I made a few alterations based on your comments and changed the image of the post, thank you the tips and the comments.

Hi! No problem! Are you more satisfied now? I know I am :slight_smile: :+1:

yes, I’m happy with this, i hope to do better in the next character. thanks…