Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Post Arthaven - Sketchbook

I've been meaning to start up a sketchbook here at ZBC for a while and now is a good time as any.

Here's a character I've been working on "AstroCrab". Pretty far along with this one still have some work to do to completely wrap the project up though. Some Retopo, UV and final details to put in. Working towards getting him into a real time viewer. Created all in ZBrush except for a base mesh for the mech arm and feet.

Nice work Arthaven, interesting / unique design!
    SketchBook
    ZAnimator (Video Demo): The Zbrush Animation Plugin (Keyframe and Timeline based)
    ZAnimator Zbrush Thread
    Blog / Webfolio: Darukin's Arts and Crafts

sorry double post
    Last edited by Darukin; 04-08-13 at 06:07 AM.
    SketchBook
    ZAnimator (Video Demo): The Zbrush Animation Plugin (Keyframe and Timeline based)
    ZAnimator Zbrush Thread
    Blog / Webfolio: Darukin's Arts and Crafts

Hey ArtHaven! your sculpt is looking nice. I'm not a Maya user, but am curious to know why you didn't model the mech components in ZBrush. Mostly just to better understand your workflow and choices. the name "AstroCrab" is an interesting one. Does it have a colourful backstory? Will this character be put into a game eventually?

Harapuzo, I modeled those parts in maya just because I felt more comfortable with specific control over the shapes. lus I was testing out some other options and simple rigs for movement. The feet I already knew exactly how I wanted them constructed with modeling so it was only a matter of adding some creasing. The arm could have been improved by doing some more free-form exploration in ZBrush (something I may do as an update later).

Not really a back story on this guy. He started from a quick concept sketch.

Actually getting something done each week (feels great). This was a quick TigerMan concept done over the past couple days. Definitely going to re-visit and clean up some of the unfinished parts.

Default AstroCrab Update: Modo Render

This isn't a complete ZBrush update but I wanted to share here in my thread. This is my latest progress with this character. Did some changes in ZBrush as well as a TON of map baking in ZB onto new sets of UVs. Current render is in Modo 601 (still testing some things). This image has a little color correction post work done in PS. The original raw render was decent but very cool and blue across the board and I wanted a warmer/"redder" feel to the character.

WIP Originally based off of the Jesse Pinkman character from Breaking Bad but is starting to evolve in a different yet still appealing direction. First polypaint tests, just exploring a bit.

nice work Will! its a great start. is this going to be a low poly model in the end?

Thanks Orest! Yes, this will be a real time model in the end.

Going for some high res detail and asymmetry with this face. And some fun with hiding the lower jaw.

Today's update. Dramatic lighting with BPR, moving from "fun and cartoony" to a bit more realistic and "intimidating" as a character.

if this character was in a police line-up, I'd pick him! nice job Will
    keep pluggin away.

The guy looks so creepy. Very nice work.

Thanks guys!

SolidSnakexxx - Lighting alone can turn any model into creepy model almost instantly. That lighting is from the bottom shooting up so it's a light source we're not used to seeing regularly since we are lit almost always from above (Sun, ceiling lights, desk lights).

I just got my site launched this past week and wanted to dump some pieces here. It was so much work but worth it. Trying to keep the pieces ZBrush focused but there will be some Marmoset images as well. Here's a few:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast