Member Follow User Gallery

Default ZAppLink not working for me

Okay, well here's the deal, every time I try to use ZApplink, instead of it working, it gives me the following message:

SCRIPT: ZAppLink_4.0.txt

ERROR: 3842
    IN:[IGetFlags,internalLayerID]

It is really annoying and I'd like to get it fixed if possible, any ideas folks?

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

What version of Zbrush are you running? What Operating system, etc.?

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Solved

Update for ZappLink on website.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Jones View Post
    Update for ZappLink on website.
    I know man, I tried the url you sent me, it didn't work, maybe I did it wrong or something. The tutorial said nothing of a second ZStartup file inside ZPlugs, and a second ZPlugs file inside said ZStartup file.
    Last edited by CLUB; 04-05-13 at 04:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalFrog View Post
    What version of Zbrush are you running? What Operating system, etc.?
    I'm running ZBrush 4R5
    HP pavilion
    64 bit operating system
    Windows 7 Home Premium

Thanks again man, not only for this time you helped me but the first time as well, it's working again, you're awesome.

New Member Follow User Gallery

Default ZAppLink ERROR 3842

I have encountered the same error. Document - ZAppLink - gives the error. ZAppLink Properties - Make Character Sheet is functioning well. I have downloaded the Plugin ZAppLink_4.0.zip. After removing the ZAppLink data directory and the pluging from the StartUp Plugins folder and installing the downloaded Plugin suddenly PaintStop doesn't work because its Plugin can't be found. Is there a solution?

I'm working under Windows 7 64-bit, using ZBrush 4R5 and Photoshop CS6 64-bit.
    Last edited by Snarf; 06-20-13 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Giving more information to the support

Moderator Follow User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Snarf View Post
    I have encountered the same error. Document - ZAppLink - gives the error. ZAppLink Properties - Make Character Sheet is functioning well. I have downloaded the Plugin ZAppLink_4.0.zip. After removing the ZAppLink data directory and the pluging from the StartUp Plugins folder and installing the downloaded Plugin suddenly PaintStop doesn't work because its Plugin can't be found. Is there a solution?

I'm working under Windows 7 64-bit, using ZBrush 4R5 and Photoshop CS6 64-bit.
    You shouldn't have removed any plugin Data folders from the ZStartup/ZPlugs folder. The ZBrush 4R5 update for ZAppLink is just for the ZAppLink_4.0.zsc file. It sounds as though you also deleted the PaintStop data folder. Can you restore it from the Recycle bin?

Quote Originally Posted by marcus_civis View Post
    You shouldn't have removed any plugin Data folders from the ZStartup/ZPlugs folder. The ZBrush 4R5 update for ZAppLink is just for the ZAppLink_4.0.zsc file. It sounds as though you also deleted the PaintStop data folder. Can you restore it from the Recycle bin?
    I have restored the original situation. I did not remove the PaintStop data folder. All is working well now except Document - ZAppLink. After copying ZAppLink_4.0.zsc from the C:\Temp into the Plugin folder ZBrush is starting up just after a minute (normaly a vew seconds) and beneath PaintStop There is a worning triangle. The ZAppLink button in Document dos not apear.

Removing the ZAppLink Update and restoring the Old former ZAppLink en results in correct starting ZBrush, a nice working PaintStop, a visible ZAppLink button under Documents but no Document - ZAppLink - Photoshop connection and the error 3842.

I have restored the original situation. I did not remove the PaintStop data folder. All is working well now except Document - ZAppLink. After copying ZAppLink_4.0.zsc from the C:\Temp into the Plugin folder ZBrush is starting up just after a minute (normaly a vew seconds) and beneath PaintStop There is a worning triangle. The ZAppLink button in Document dos not apear.

Removing the ZAppLink Update and restoring the Old former ZAppLink en results in correct starting ZBrush, a nice working PaintStop, a visible ZAppLink button under Documents but no Document - ZAppLink - Photoshop connection and the error 3842.
    Can you post a screenshot of Windows Explorer showing the contents of your Zbrush 4R5 \ZStartup\ZPlugs folder? I should then be able to see what the problem is.

Thanks,

Can you post a screenshot of Windows Explorer showing the contents of your Zbrush 4R5 \ZStartup\ZPlugs folder? I should then be able to see what the problem is.

Thanks,
    Dear Marcus,

here is the Screenshot of The ZBrush 4R5\ZStartup\ZPlugs folder
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FHPrtScn1.jpg 
Views:	456 
Size:	347.3 KB 
ID:	363265  
    Last edited by Snarf; 06-23-13 at 11:06 AM. Reason: correction of sentence structure

Thanks. I can't see anything wrong there. Try installing the update again -

To install the update to ZAppLink:
    1. In the ZBrush 4R5\ZStartup\ZPlugs folder, delete the ZAppLink_4.0.zsc (circled red in the attached image). Don't touch anything else.
    2. Download the ZAppLink 4R5 update here and save to your Desktop.
    3. Unzip the file, open the containing folder created by the unzipping and locate the ZAppLink_4.0.zsc file.
    4. Copy the ZAppLink_4.0.zsc file to the ZBrush 4R5\ZStartup\ZPlugs folder.
    5. Restart ZBrush.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZAppLink-install.jpg 
Views:	448 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	363404  

Thanks. I can't see anything wrong there. Try installing the update again -

To install the update to ZAppLink:
    1. In the ZBrush 4R5\ZStartup\ZPlugs folder, delete the ZAppLink_4.0.zsc (circled red in the attached image). Don't touch anything else.
    2. Download the ZAppLink 4R5 update here and save to your Desktop.
    3. Unzip the file, open the containing folder created by the unzipping and locate the ZAppLink_4.0.zsc file.
    4. Copy the ZAppLink_4.0.zsc file to the ZBrush 4R5\ZStartup\ZPlugs folder.
    5. Restart ZBrush.
    Marcus,

thank you for your support.
    I have followed your instructions and it resulted in a working connection with Photoshop.
    The ZAppLink_4.0.zsc file you pointed to is of a newer date than the one I had in the ZPlugs folder.

Thanks again.

Marcus,

thank you for your support.
    I have followed your instructions and it resulted in a working connection with Photoshop.
    The ZAppLink_4.0.zsc file you pointed to is of a newer date than the one I had in the ZPlugs folder.

Thanks again.
    OK, glad you got it working.