Goz update for Modo 701
Is there any sign of a Goz update for Modo 701. I'm on a Mac and I've tried just about everything "Updating Paths", "Forced Install", "Manual Install" but Modo crashes each time I try to send a simple mesh from ZBrush to Modo.
Sending models from Modo to ZBrush is working, despite throwing up an error during the process.
Last edited by halogenic; 03-28-13 at 08:28 AM.
Modo isn't crashing now that I've removed recoil and Goz is working slightly better, but not really in a usable or reliable state.
It's not working for me either.
Are you both on Mac's or is it on PC Also?
Also are you having problems with UV's being removed when sending the mesh to Zbrush?
Im on a Mac, my initial problem was crashing and no way to send models back to zbrush. I'll test the UVs when I get a chance and let you know.
I'm on a Mac.
I've got Goz working to some extent.
I'm able to send models from Modo to ZBrush, but it doesn't seem to be working on the trip back.
well, I meet similar issue as yours.
custom fix to modo 701 missing GoZ
hi - just installed 701 windows 7 64 bit and found again the GoZ button was not showing up in none off the modo views. ( was the same issue with 501 and 601) i think this time the reason is that they have chnage the main menu mode.
but - easy to fix.
1. do a forced reinstall from zbrush to modo 701
2. open modo and from system menu - open "form editor"
3. in form editor - open "groups"
4. open the folder modo'modes'toolbars - inside there are 4 x blue marked forms - all the same - "modo modes toolbars"
5. unfold the first form - or just select it
6. in the form editor window - top leftthere is a "create" menue - click it a choose "new command"
7. a small window pops up - "command & arguments" - copy and paste this including the @ and confirm by ok: @C:\Users\Public\Pixologic\GoZApps\Modo\GoZBrushFr omModo.py
8. now there is a new entry inside the first modo modes toolbar - called "run script" but greyed out, click the text and enter GoZ
9. right click the newly created GoZ command and chose dublicate - make 3 dublicates
10. drag one duplicate GoZ command into each of the 3 empty forms underneath.
11. you should now have a button called GoZ in the following modo views: all except set up and animate
here it works fine -
alternative thread by luxology how to fix the missing button
you could also check this thread : http://forums.luxology.com/topic.aspx?f=32&t=75787
that might also work for mac users.
cheers and happy gozetting
excellent, that worked, thank you dyepeche!
Tags for this Thread