ZBrushCentral

Danilo Athayde sketchbook 2013

Hello guys. To inaugurate my sketchbook for this year, this is a iguana king. A cartoon model, I made for my students in Melies school, in Brazil. Made completely in zbrush, with BPR render. I post more pics and little making of soon. feel free for criticize. thanks,

Danilo Athayde

Attachments

comp2_reduzida.jpg

comp2_reduzida.jpg

comp2_reduzida.jpg

Nice work:+1:

really like the look and feel of this. Great colours and render.

I love the concept and the detailing in the head. As Iguana owner for over 10 years, i´m awe with the head scales.:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:
About C & C: just some parts like hands and feet may be more iguana likeness if he would have claws and in the feet one larger finger. Also I think a long detailed tail full of spikes would be great for your image. In Spite of all, it´s a lovely image with an excellent cartoon expresion and great color treatment.
I dare to attach some suggestions.
Sorry for my poor 2d skills. But i think it shows better what i mean.

Attachments

comp2_reduzida_FH_suggestion.jpg

Rango’s cousin?

thanks for comment, guys. 4Z4R, i really like your suggestion. improved the concept. maybe in future, I apply this for the model, and give you the credits, haha. thanks

here some small tutorial for the eyes in zbrush. I use, for the cornea, a material created by zbro: http://luckilytip.blogspot.com.au/search/label/Matcap?&max-results=3

hope you like that
zbrush_eye_reduzida.jpg

I was under the impression that BPR refract was still broken. Is that not the case?

Wonderfully awesome. :tu

sweetness

here, some passes for BPR render and prints of the zbrush screen.

polypaint.jpgpasses_render_reduzido.jpg

1 Like

I like him! Nice ZB render

SICK ! good job man. Definitly my new wallpaper :smiley:

Very nice!

I would only say that the red veins on the eye look a bit too strong to me, but that’s just a small detail. It looks great overall.

very nice work !

thx for sharing, always useful to see settings in BPR and various renders from different user

I love all of this. I can see in my head where this guy lives. The dried tentacle used as a walking stick is a killer idea. Fantastic! Top Row!

Very amazing! :+1:

great model !!!
Congrats

Great model! so cool congrat man!