ZBrushCentral

Idris Elba, 3D Portrait

Hi, This I my latest work that I started about 3 1/2 months ago. This was my attempt to create a realistic portrait of the actor Idris Elba.

Let me know what you think, more to come on this one!

Attachments

IdrisElbaCrop_by_KrisKelly3D.jpg

Great Likeness of him Nice render :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:D:D:+1:

This is amazing, and the hair is really well done.

Thanks, for the comments. The hair ended up being one of the hardest parts. To many curves for VRay hair, not enough for Vray fur. I actually ended up using FiberMesh for everything but the eyebrows.

Very nice :+1:

Really like the render.

-J

This is one of the best uses of fibermesh I have ever seen. I feel motivated to start using it :smiley:

Sashamaz - Thanks a lot, Fibermesh really saved me on this one.

Here is another view I happened to like.

More to come

Nice! Why you post it here? What’s the ZBrush part? Rendered in BPR? So yes, explain how :slight_smile:

Awesome work !

Awesome! Lot’s of character in this model.

Philuxius - THX
davidvo - I really appreciate you saying that, its something I try hard to do.
Bas Mazur - Fair enough question, so here is an answer;

While the model was rendered in Maya with VRay, it was entirely modeled in ZBrush. All the hair was created in ZBrush with Fibermesh and then exported as geometry to maya. I added the VRayHairMTL to the geo so I could get it to render like hair. The eyebrows were a combination of and drawn curves and Fibermesh curves, but the eyebrows were rendered with Maya hair.

Here are some ZGrabs. Fibermesh from ZBrush, and then some close up details of the model, and lastly a wireframe view.

Wow!! that’s just awesome!! the skin details are amazing! it’s part of my references folder already! I just hope I can do something that good some day! thanks for sharing! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Looks awesome, great skin and sculpt

Thanks! Again, beautiful work:+1:

cascardi - I have one too! Never crossed my mind that I would end up in someone else’s
AdrianP - THX
Bas Mazur - Hope I helped, THX

Awesome likeness Kris! nice work on the hair…

amazing

I think the back of his head should be bigger but great work!

After seeing your projects, I think that I should do and play the one, too . Goods works. Are there any tutorials you made on them

Hi. This is superb work, well done. Is this a 3D model ? Would it be possible to get the head isolated. I create short films on YouTube.

I needed a head for an Idris Elba James Bond movie I’m planning. My YouTube channel is Final Flame Productions.

Is it possible to get this head model ?