ZBrushCentral

Curve mode doesn't snap to surface

Anyone else having this problem? I’m using zbrush 4R4 and the curve mode won’t snap to the surface it keeps diving into the middle or snapping to the opposite side. No matter what values I put into curve snap distance and curve projection range it doesn’t fix it. Anyone help me out?

curveproblem.jpg

1 Like

,the depth settings in the brush menu?brush menu.jpg

Attachments

brush menu.jpg

1 Like

The depth setting works fine the problem is the curve is crashing into the geo randomly and at dramatic amounts. I can’t paint a simple stroke on the surface and have it stay on the surface.

1 Like

As it happens, I have experienced similar problems with some of the curve brushes at random times.
Maybe you could play around with another curve brush and customise for your geo.
I certainly haven’t had persistant trouble with them in z4r5.
It might be worth your while to upgrade

All the best,

Neil

1 Like

I’ve been having the same issue and I’m all up to date on versions 4R7 P3. Not sure if I’m using the tool right, but I have it to snap to surface and nothing.

1 Like

I’m getting the same bug - I have 4R7 P3 and can’t get the curve brush to snap to surface despite having the correct snap settings. Tried resetting all brushes and that didn’t work either.

1 Like

This is not a bug. Some of the brushes are set to work this way by default. If you need the brush to snap to the surface as you lay down curves or sculpt, set the depth from “Once Z” to “Continuous Z”. This setting is NOT found in the Brush menu… it is in the Picker menu.

5 Likes

You awesome…
I had a same issue on my IMM hair brush in Zbrush 2018 that I’ve used in 4R8.

According to your comment, I found the Once Z/ Cont Z button from Picker menu.

Selecting Cont Z would be works very well for my IMM brush in 2018.

Thanks!

3 Likes

I had a same issue on my IMM hair brush in Zbrush 2018 that I’ve used in 4R8.

Coooooool. Thanks!!!

1 Like