ZBrushCentral

Hec's 2012 early 2013 works dump

Hi all,

Last year I left full time employment to go full time freelance, was an interesting first year with a variety of gigs. Here’s some of the outcome…

This was for cinematics on a game by Sunfox Games, their take on Cinderella:

cinderella_sculpt_by_hecm-d5u58vi.jpg
cinderella_sculpt_polypainted_by_hecm-d5u59te.jpg

prince_sculpt_by_hecm-d5u5a99.jpg
prince_sculpt_polypainted_by_hecm-d5u5ajf.jpg

cinderella_nightgown_sculpt_by_hecm-d5u5azu.jpg
cinderella_nightgown_sculpt_polypainted_by_hecm-d5u5bi3.jpg

More stuff going up soon.

Attachments

cinderella_sculpt_by_hecm-d5u58vi.jpg

cinderella_sculpt_polypainted_by_hecm-d5u59te.jpg

prince_sculpt_by_hecm-d5u5a99.jpg

prince_sculpt_polypainted_by_hecm-d5u5ajf.jpg

cinderella_nightgown_sculpt_by_hecm-d5u5azu.jpg

cinderella_nightgown_sculpt_polypainted_by_hecm-d5u5bi3.jpg

I also did lots of work in miniatures. The first minis project I worked on was Kingdom Death. I’ve been making minis for this game for about three years. The minis haven’t all been published but here are some of the ones I’ve worked on:

beyond_the_wall_miniature_by_hecm-d5erent.jpg

beyond_the_wall_size_ref_by_hecm-d5erf9n.jpg

beyond_the_wall_miniature__front__by_hecm-d5erfj3.jpg

beyond_the_wall_mini__product_shot__by_hecm-d5ergcf.jpg

Laurie_01.jpg

LaurieComp.jpg

Attachments

beyond_the_wall_miniature_by_hecm-d5erent.jpg

LaurieComp.jpg

Good job.

Thanx gkhnaltay!

My other minis client last year was Soda Pop Miniatures. Might have to do a couple posts to dump all the stuff, but here goes the first part…

These were actually rendered in zbrush. Took me a bit of time to figure a good workflow but I like the results that became possible without need for Maya and Mental Ray.

mc_bourbonnais_relic_knights_mini_by_hecm-d5s8ki7.jpg

mc_bourbonnais_relic_knights_mini_01_by_hecm-d5s8oce.jpg

mc_bourbonnais_relic_knights_mini_02_by_hecm-d5s8oqw.jpg

candy_rush_mini_by_hecm-d5shf89.jpg

candy_rush_01_by_hecm-d5shgf8.jpg

candy_rush_02_by_hecm-d5shh8a.jpg

Attachments

mc_bourbonnais_relic_knights_mini_by_hecm-d5s8ki7.jpg

candy_rush_mini_by_hecm-d5shf89.jpg

the_void_reaper_mini_by_hecm-d5t6r6x.jpg

void_reapers_01_by_hecm-d5t6rzm.jpg

void_reapers_02_by_hecm-d5t6slj.jpg

These are the basic sculpts before posing:

marie_claude_base_by_hecm-d5tdkkt.jpg

candy_base_by_hecm-d5tdl4b.jpg

harbonah_base_by_hecm-d5tpdpg.jpg

Attachments

the_void_reaper_mini_by_hecm-d5t6r6x.jpg

void_reapers_01_by_hecm-d5t6rzm.jpg

void_reapers_02_by_hecm-d5t6slj.jpg

cool sculpts and minis Hec!

Thanks Peter.

Here’s more minis stuff from last year. All three of these little guys were sculpted first with dynamesh and then retopo’d for easier posing. Dynamesh rules!

Cyphers.jpg

For these armor kits the base bodies weren’t done by me, the male base was done by Stefano Pinna of Forge Studios and the female base was done by John Troy Nickel.

Lion_02.jpg

Lion_01.jpg

Lioness_02.jpg

Lioness_01.jpg

Attachments

Lion_02.jpg

Lion_01.jpg

Lioness_02.jpg

Lioness_01.jpg

Awesome work
Congrats for the minis they are all so cool
:+1:

Very nice work! Nice style. :+1:small_orange_diamond:sunglasses:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Awesome armors :wink:

Great stuff :slight_smile: I love those mini’s :slight_smile:

Great stuff here!!

Über stuff as usual Hec!
gg!

Great works!

Hi again,

I still got more stuff to share from last year, hope I’m not spamming…

Thanks for the comments guys, this community is huge part of why Zbrush rocks so much.

][-][4Z4R][)), zber2, Inkognit, AdrianP, FairCat - thanx guys

dandan - Thanks man, your recent sculpts thread was amazing, those samurais look so alive!

Fr3ak_XXX - Hey Fil! nice to see you here. :slight_smile:

And now here’s a couple of skins I made for LoL in collaboration with my friends at Forge Studios. I made three skins last year for LoL, here’s the first two:

headmistress_fiora_high.jpg

headmistress_fiora_low.jpg

headmistress_fiora.jpg

xmas_catherina_high.jpg

xmas_catherina_low.jpg

xmas_catherina.jpg

And more coming up still…

These last designs like the staggirl are really crazy and wonderfully executed.

these minituresize figurines could they be achieved by these onlineprintcompaniey like sculpteo and shapeways?

and what is a “skin”?

All the best

Jake

Hi Jake,

The master for the minis get printed at places that have high definition printers, one of the ones I know of is moddler.com in California I think and the other place I know of is somewhere in Munich. The previous two characters were character skins for League of Legends, skin is just a term for models wearing alternate outfits, these used to be just texture variations, but these days they’re more full blown new sculpts and low poly meshes with new textures.

Here’s a couple more minis, the ninja girl might get re-posed before printing, my client and I are still deciding some of that:

Ninja_01.jpg

Ninja_05.jpg

Ninja_Comp.jpg

Huntress_01.jpg

Huntress_02.jpg

Huntress_Comp.jpg

Many of the Kingdom Death minis I make are based on concept art by the amazing lokman lam: http://lokmanlam.deviantart.com/gallery/

Attachments

Ninja_Comp.jpg

Huntress_Comp.jpg

Gr8 work! Are your Kingdom Death Miniatures rendered in Zbrush as well? Also, How many separate pieces does the final female character break up into? If you don’t mind me asking?

@FreshDuck - The KD renders are done with the Maya Mental Ray setup from a Gnomon DVD, DanDan used a more dramatic and pretty awesome version of that setup for his Samurais and other pieces too. The full name is “Photo-Realistic Render in Mental Ray with Ryan Kingslien” but I can’t seem to find it in the Gnomon catalog right now. The pieces can consist of very few or a lot of parts depending on what’s more mini friendly, printing friendly and mold making friendly… it’s been a bit of trial an error at times, but both my client Adam (creator of Kingdom Death) and I keep learning lots from the pieces we make. He has a great eye for what will print well at mini size and be mold friendly. I’m still learning and many of the pieces bring new challenges. I’m putting together more info on the whole thing and hope I’ll be able to post some breakdowns of the process from early on. In the mean time here are a couple of images showing one of my earliest minis broken up in maya and one of the more recent pieces also showing the print parts.

This one was about 8 pieces with the ropes which were added to the final piece (in page 1 of this thread):

Laurie_Cuts.jpg

This one was much less pieces because the pose was pretty friendly for molding, both legs are parallel to each other and not bending too much which makes things easier:

Huntress_Parts.jpg

Other tools like dynamesh, match maker and curve clip brushes have made much of the processes way faster and easier than when I started my first minis back in late 2009. :slight_smile:

Attachments

Laurie_Cuts.jpg

Very cool stuff here. Your miniature is really great. Very balanced characters. And thx for your print breakdown :). Can i ask where do you print those type of statue?