User Gallery

Yes skinshader4 with wax preview : 35. and compositing with some other pass

Senior Member User Gallery

totally missed this one here - awesome, i really like the character, great style. you really should print him

User Gallery

Tanks I'm looking for should be cool ^^

User Gallery

Hi here is a step by step of my last character N-75

Thebest thing with Zbrush is that even if you suxx in tech as I, you cancreate amazing models, and have a cool render.

01interface :

Inever add quick brush icons in my interface, i prefer the shortcuts,for example « b » for open the brush panel, « m »reduce the choice to the bushes that start with the letter « m »and finally « v » for have the move brush, It is so fastto change brushes, no need to think or find it in the interface.Really fluid .

02The Head :

UsuallyI started with a speed, I have more life in my sculpts when I do themin a short time, because I go at the essential of him.
    Istarted with the Dynamesh sphere, so I have no base, and no shapes tofollow, like starting with white sheet.
    FirstI create the head of the character, using the amazing dynamesh, withthis tool you have just no limits, and go where you want, leavingyou imagination escape! I sculpt the clay with the followingbrushes : clay, clay build up, inflate and move. I work with theSkinShader4, this material is great because we can see all of thedetails we sculpt.
    WhenI use dynamesh, I don't use 2D sketches, no need, design was donedirectly with Zbrush.

03The Body :

OnceI have my head I started sketching the body. Always by the same way.After I use the flat color, to have only the silhouette, when it'sokay, go back with the skin-shader 4, and add more details. Even ifthe arms will be mechanical I do them because I want have thecomplete proportions of my character.

04The Stuff :

WhenI work on my character, I usually imagine his life, what is hiscurrent job, what was his past life …and add some more details, atthe end of the sculpt on layers, for make him alive, like scotch onhis boots, old hunting knife, barcode, or military plates etc.

Istart to wear him, first,jean, t-shirt … at this point I duplicatemy base, hide and delete the useless part. For the jeans, I willdelete the upper body and the foots, click on close holes and startto sculpt, in dynamesh always, so I can work on my tissues limitless,for find better shapes. For sculpting the fabric/cloth, in my style,I prefer to use Dam Standard brush, because I can have quickly greatand sharp shapes. It perfect for that !

05Mechanical Parts :

Forthe arms an the spine, the heavy piece in my sculpt, it take 70% ofmy time, I take the same way, working with clay build up for find myprimary shapes, When I started This piece, I haven't the edge looppanel, so it would be really more quickly done with this great tool,I will use it next time for save a lot of time.
    Sohere I have use clay build up, dam standard and H Polish a lot.

User Gallery

Back to stuff

06Color :

Forthe color I use the standard brush with focal at -100, and for theskin I use the standard brush with color spray and the alpha 23. Forsimulate pigmentation variations.

07Posing & Render :

Forthe posing I use transpose master, Nothing terrible

Forthe render, I work with multi pass, I activate shadows, Ambientocclusion and wax preview on the skin and make a BPR. I use a renderpass with flat color, with a white mat-cap(more or less occlusion,with more details), a reflection mat cap, and sketch mat-cap(cavity).

08Compositing :

Icomposite all in photoshop.

09Final adjustments :

Alittle bit of level and hue saturation, background, shadows and thejob is done !

Hope you like it and it was helpful.

Sam

Love the breakdown, thanks for sharing!

New Member User Gallery

Awesome breakdown. I was a little curious about your thoughts on working with perspective turned on. I usually work with it off. What are some benefits you feel are relevant with it on?

Amazing! Im gonna be studying this breakdown for days
    thanks for droppin the knowledge

Ilove your "borg"!
    amazing character!

Thanks a lot for sharing your workflow, it's always interesting to see how people work. Very nice works too . I love your style ! Cheers !

Super awesome work ! Thanks a lot for the breakdown !

Mega coolosse ^^
    www.tranchefeux-arts.com

Very nice of you to show this! Thank you very much.

Thanks for sharing this amazing workflow

I thought great job well done and congrats on the top row....then I saw the breakdown and I must express my gratitude. Clearly explained, well organized - thanks for dropping knowledge along with displaying your skills

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234511 ... LastLast