ZBrushCentral

N-75 (tutorial added Pg. 2) + new movies Pg. 8

Hi,

My last character, done on my free time. I had a lot of fun to do it !
Hope you like it !

Turn_Final_L.jpg

Banniere.jpg

Sam

Attachments

Banniere.jpg

Turn_Final_L.jpg

1 Like

C’est vraiment super ce que tu fais, on reconnait direct le style avec ton ancien perso, la modélisation et les textures sont top, tu comptes en faire un rendu via un un autre soft?

Tres cool!
Love the stylization mixed with the hard surface and so many details.

Can you share some of the process?

Awesome!

Haha, so cool!

Wow I really love this guy. Sooooo much character and a really cool style. Nice work indeed!

Thanks a lot for comments!

Protonium : For the Process it is really roots, I have use dynamesh for all parts sculpting with clay, clay build up, dam standard and Hpolish, except for the gun and the grenare, for this one i have done a quick low poly, and use the same 4 brushes. Render With Zbrush too and composit with photoshop.

Great character! It would be nice to see a full-out render of this in mental-ray/vray or some other renderer, with real hair.

Wow! Super cool character design!

I really dig this!

rally nice design … love teh profile of his face

Really cool character:+1:

Oh this guy is Awesome! I really like the cuts in the face and knees, it makes for a very expressive silhouette!

Thanks for comment :slight_smile: really appreciate!

Francis Bezooyen : I will make a try for a great render. But I don’t like put numbers in little boxes :stuck_out_tongue:

really cool:sunglasses:
nice work.
the mats of the skin is skinshade4 peraphs?

Excellent work !

Yes skinshader4 with wax preview : 35. and compositing with some other pass

totally missed this one here - awesome, i really like the character, great style. you really should print him :slight_smile:

Tanks :slight_smile: I’m looking for :slight_smile: should be cool ^^

Hi here is a step by step of my last character N-75

Thebest thing with Zbrush is that even if you suxx in tech as I, you cancreate amazing models, and have a cool render.

<u>01interface :</u> Inever add quick brush icons in my interface, i prefer the shortcuts,for example « b » for open the brush panel, « m »reduce the choice to the bushes that start with the letter « m »and finally « v » for have the move brush, It is so fastto change brushes, no need to think or find it in the interface.Really fluid .

01_Interface.jpg
02The Head :

UsuallyI started with a speed, I have more life in my sculpts when I do themin a short time, because I go at the essential of him.

Istarted with the Dynamesh sphere, so I have no base, and no shapes tofollow, like starting with white sheet.
FirstI create the head of the character, using the amazing dynamesh, withthis tool you have just no limits, and go where you want, leavingyou imagination escape! I sculpt the clay with the followingbrushes : clay, clay build up, inflate and move. I work with theSkinShader4, this material is great because we can see all of thedetails we sculpt.
WhenI use dynamesh, I don’t use 2D sketches, no need, design was donedirectly with Zbrush.
02_Head.jpg
03The Body :

OnceI have my head I started sketching the body. Always by the same way.After I use the flat color, to have only the silhouette, when it'sokay, go back with the skin-shader 4, and add more details. Even ifthe arms will be mechanical I do them because I want have thecomplete proportions of my character.

03_Body_01.jpg

03_Body_02.jpg
04The Stuff :

WhenI work on my character, I usually imagine his life, what is hiscurrent job, what was his past life …and add some more details, atthe end of the sculpt on layers, for make him alive, like scotch onhis boots, old hunting knife, barcode, or military plates etc. Istart to wear him, first,jean, t-shirt … at this point I duplicatemy base, hide and delete the useless part. For the jeans, I willdelete the upper body and the foots, click on close holes and startto sculpt, in dynamesh always, so I can work on my tissues limitless,for find better shapes. For sculpting the fabric/cloth, in my style,I prefer to use Dam Standard brush, because I can have quickly greatand sharp shapes. It perfect for that !

04_Stuff_Part_01.jpg
05Mechanical Parts :

Forthe arms an the spine, the heavy piece in my sculpt, it take 70% ofmy time, I take the same way, working with clay build up for find myprimary shapes, When I started This piece, I haven’t the edge looppanel, so it would be really more quickly done with this great tool,I will use it next time for save a lot of time.
Sohere I have use clay build up, dam standard and H Polish a lot.
05_Mecha_Part_01.jpg

Attachments

01_Interface.jpg

02_Head.jpg

03_Body_01.jpg

03_Body_02.jpg

04_Stuff_Part_01.jpg

05_Mecha_Part_01.jpg

Back to stuff

06Color :

Forthe color I use the standard brush with focal at -100, and for theskin I use  the standard brush with color spray and the alpha 23. Forsimulate pigmentation variations.

07Posing & Render :

Forthe posing I use transpose master, Nothing terrible ;)

Forthe render, I work with multi pass, I activate shadows, Ambientocclusion and wax preview on the skin and make a BPR. I use a renderpass with flat color, with a white mat-cap(more or less occlusion,with more details), a reflection mat cap, and sketch mat-cap(cavity). 

<u>08Compositing :</u>

Icomposite all in photoshop.

<u>09Final adjustments :</u>

Alittle bit of level and hue saturation, background, shadows and thejob is done !

Hope you like it and it was helpful.

Sam

Attachments